Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index Leitrim-Roscommon
Leitrim-Roscommon Genealogy Bulletin Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Surname Search
Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index

Lough Rynn (Rinn) - Any Info?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon Old Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mark Wrinn

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 1997 9:18 pm    Post subject: Lough Rynn (Rinn) - Any Info? Reply with quote

Just south of Mohill in County Leitrim is a body of water called Lough Rynn (Rinn). It is connected to the Shannon by the Rinn river. Does anybody know the history of this area or any ideas on how to find out the local history. Thanks Mark Wrinn

wrinn@snowhill.com

Pete Hanley

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 1997 10:33 am    Post subject: Re: Lough Rynn (Rinn) - Any Info? Reply with quote

(User Above) wrote:

: Just south of Mohill in County Leitrim is a body of water called Lough Rynn (Rinn). It is connected to the Shannon by the Rinn river. Does anybody know the history of this area or any ideas on how to find out the local history. Thanks Mark Wrinn

Follow-up: Rinn/Rin/Rynn/Ring means a point of anything such as a point of land. There are thousands of locations in Ireland with Rinn in it. In Roscommon on Lough Ree is a peninsul called Rinnduin in The Annals of the Kingdom. There is also an island in the Lough call Rinanny. In Clare there is Rineanna which the Annals call Rinn-eanaigh, the point of the marsh. Ringcurran is a peninsula near Kinsale and nearby are the ruins of castle Ringrone. I could go on but I can help narrow your "Rinn" if you can at least identify the county. Pete Hanley phanley@arnoldcom.com

phanley@arnoldcom.com

Lisa McHugh

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 1997 8:33 am    Post subject: Re: Lough Rynn (Rinn) - Any Info? Reply with quote

My mother is from Mohill, and I go there on my
holidays. I actually have a booklet at home about
Lough Rynn at home, so if you want to send me a
postal address, I will photocopy it and send it
to you.
Yours,
Lisa McHugh

lisa.mchugh@kcl.ac.uk

Pete Hanley

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 1998 5:29 am    Post subject: Re: Lough Rynn (Rinn) - Any Info? Reply with quote

(User Above) wrote:

: : Just south of Mohill in County Leitrim is a body of water called Lough Rynn (Rinn). It is connected to the Shannon by the Rinn river. Does anybody know the history of this area or any ideas on how to find out the local history. Thanks Mark Wrinn

: Follow-up: Rinn/Rin/Rynn/Ring means a point of anything such as a point of land. There are thousands of locations in Ireland with Rinn in it. In Roscommon on Lough Ree is a peninsul called Rinnduin in The Annals of the Kingdom. There is also an island in the Lough call Rinanny. In Clare there is Rineanna which the Annals call Rinn-eanaigh, the point of the marsh. Ringcurran is a peninsula near Kinsale and nearby are the ruins of castle Ringrone. I could go on but I can help narrow your "Rinn" if you can at least identify the county. Pete Hanley phanley@arnoldcom.com

Anastasy Tynan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 1998 5:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Lough Rynn (Rinn) - Any Info? Reply with quote

(User Above) wrote:

: My mother is from Mohill, and I go there on my
: holidays. I actually have a booklet at home about
: Lough Rynn at home, so if you want to send me a
: postal address, I will photocopy it and send it
: to you.
: Yours,
: Lisa McHugh

brew@lava.net

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon Old Archive All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: