Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index Leitrim-Roscommon
Leitrim-Roscommon Genealogy Bulletin Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Surname Search
Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index

Re: Glennon's Village

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon Old Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joe Glennon

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 1998 8:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Glennon's Village Reply with quote

(User Above) wrote:

: I am requesting information on this location in either
: St. John's or Rahara Civil Parish. It is north of
: Ballagh (CP Rahara),northwest of Newmountain
: and west of Toberdan. It is closer to Ballagh
: and Newmountain than Toberdan. Please provide the
: Catholic Parish if possible, and any other data.

: I am trying to do geneological research on my family who originated from Rosecommons. I have the lineage from approx 1848, but no details aboutthe lives my anscestors led. If you have any information about the family of Edward and Alice (Slyman) Glennon, I would appreciate hearing from you by email.
Thanks, Joe Glennon, Coalgate, OK
:

jglenn52@oio.net

Mags Glennon

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 1998 7:31 am    Post subject: Re: Glennon's Village Reply with quote

(User Above) wrote:

: : I am requesting information on this location in either
: : St. John's or Rahara Civil Parish. It is north of
: : Ballagh (CP Rahara),northwest of Newmountain
: : and west of Toberdan. It is closer to Ballagh
: : and Newmountain than Toberdan. Please provide the
: : Catholic Parish if possible, and any other data.

:
: : I am trying to do geneological research on my family who originated from Rosecommons. I have the lineage from approx 1848, but no details aboutthe lives my anscestors led. If you have any information about the family of Edward and Alice (Slyman) Glennon, I would appreciate hearing from you by email.
: Thanks, Joe Glennon, Coalgate, OK
: :

I'm from Westmeath and have never heard of a townland of the name in the Roscommon area. I will check some possible printed sources/catalgues for Roscommon. Indidentally does anyone have info on Glennons in Argentina as relatives of mine emigrated there in the late 19th Century. Any info to: glennonm@ccmail.dcu.ie

GlennonM@ccmail.dcu.ie

Mags Glennon

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 1998 4:39 am    Post subject: Re: Glennon's Village Reply with quote

(User Above) wrote:

: : : I am requesting information on this location in either
: : : St. John's or Rahara Civil Parish. It is north of
: : : Ballagh (CP Rahara),northwest of Newmountain
: : : and west of Toberdan. It is closer to Ballagh
: : : and Newmountain than Toberdan. Please provide the
: : : Catholic Parish if possible, and any other data.

: : : I am trying to do geneological research on my family who originated from Rosecommons. I have the lineage from approx 1848, but no details aboutthe lives my anscestors led. If you have any information about the family of Edward and Alice (Slyman) Glennon, I would appreciate hearing from you by email.
: : Thanks, Joe Glennon, Coalgate, OK
: : :

: I'm from Westmeath and have never heard of a townland of the name in the Roscommon area. I will check some possible printed sources/catalgues for Roscommon. Indidentally does anyone have info on Glennons in Argentina as relatives of mine emigrated there in the late 19th Century. Any info to: glennonm@ccmail.dcu.ie

Further psot from Mags Glennon: There is a townland called Lisglennon in Mayo, near Ballina. Perhaps this is the origin of the story of a village with Glennon in the name?? This info from The Ancestors bit of the Irish Times site

glennonm@ccmail.dcu.ie

Damian Glennon

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 1998 10:27 am    Post subject: Re: Glennon's Village Reply with quote

: : I am requesting information on this location in either
: : St. John's or Rahara Civil Parish. It is north of
: : Ballagh (CP Rahara),northwest of Newmountain
: : and west of Toberdan. It is closer to Ballagh
: : and Newmountain than Toberdan. Please provide the
: : Catholic Parish if possible, and any other data.

:
: : I am trying to do geneological research on my family who originated from Rosecommons. I have the lineage from approx 1848, but no details aboutthe lives my anscestors led. If you have any information about the family of Edward and Alice (Slyman) Glennon, I would appreciate hearing from you by email.
: Thanks, Joe Glennon, Coalgate, OK
Brian,

I've just stumbled accross this site. so don't know if you are still looking for information. I come from Co. Roscommon originally. There is a village / townsland called Glennon's Village. If memory serves me right it's in the vicinity of Knockrockery, about 10 miles north of Athlone. I'll ask my father for further info next time I've got him on the phone. I'll get back to you with whatever I can find. All the best. Damian

damo@slowroll.demon.nl

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon Old Archive All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: