Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index Leitrim-Roscommon
Leitrim-Roscommon Genealogy Bulletin Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Surname Search
Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index

Cruise/Callery Family Information Needed

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon Old Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stefan Cruise

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2002 8:15 pm    Post subject: Cruise/Callery Family Information Needed Reply with quote

All:

I am in need of assistance in getting information about the Cruise and Callery families for my genealogical work.

My ancestors came directly from Roscommon County, Ireland to the United States sometime in the mid 1800's. My Great Great Great Grandfather, Henry Cruise, was born there and had the following children: Thomas (emigrated to Austrailia), Joseph (ended up in Kanakee, IL), George (ended up in Massena, IA), Arthur, Andrew, an unamed sister (she remained in Ireland and moved to Dublin later having three daughters [one of which named Mrs. Drury who lived in St. Albans Long Island, NY] and a son), and Henry (my Great Great Grandfather).

My GG Grandfather Henry married a lady named Bridget Callery (also born in Ireland and probably from Roscommon County) and eventually settled in Braidwood, IL. They had the following children: George, Rachel, Frances, Mary (Joncas), and Charles (my Great Grandfather). Charles was born in 1879 in Braidwood, later married one Anna Miller there and had three children: Jim (killed in WWII), Cathryn, and Ken (my Grandfather).

I would greatly appreciate any help in finding out more information on my family. Thanks.

-Stefan Cruise

stefancruise@hotmail.com

Stefan Cruise

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2002 7:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Cruise/Callery/Pritchard Family Information Needed Reply with quote

All:

I have some additions and corrections to my recent posting for information concerning the Cruise & Callery families.

I discovered that my ggg Grandfather was named George (not Henry) and was married to Rachel Pritchard. Both of Roscommon County, Ireland as far as I know. Also, the previously unamed daughter of George's that stayed behind in Dublin I believe was named Catherine or Cathryn Cruise Callaghan.

So, I am looking for info on George & Rachel, Henry (George's son) and his wife Bridget Callery, as well as Catherine Cruise Callaghan. If anyone has any information, I would like to get in touch with you. Thanks for the help.

-Stefan Cruise

stefancruise@hotmail.com

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon Old Archive All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: