Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index Leitrim-Roscommon
Leitrim-Roscommon Genealogy Bulletin Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Surname Search
Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index

Roscommon Immigrants to Baltimore MD

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon Old Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kathleen

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 6:04 pm    Post subject: Roscommon Immigrants to Baltimore MD Reply with quote

I would be interested in hearing from anyone researching immigrants from Roscommon to Baltimore, MD. My g-grabdfather came to Baltimore in 1852--interested in those he may have come to join or those who may have joined him later.

mkdtutor@netscape.net

Pina Kapoor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2002 2:37 am    Post subject: Re: Roscommon Immigrants to Baltimore MD Reply with quote

(User Above) wrote:

: I would be interested in hearing from anyone researching immigrants from Roscommon to Baltimore, MD. My g-grabdfather came to Baltimore in 1852--interested in those he may have come to join or those who may have joined him later.

Dear Kathleen,

My great Aunt Winifred Sharkey married a Patrick Teehan and emigrated to' America, She lived and Died in Baltimore M.D. My aunt winnie, was from Roscommon, and i think went to America sometime in the 1930s i am not sure exactly when , or who they went to join out there .

best wishes

jagdishkapoor@aol.com

PINA KAPOOR

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2002 2:47 am    Post subject: Re: Roscommon Immigrants to Baltimore MD Reply with quote

(User Above) wrote:

: I would be interested in hearing from anyone researching immigrants from Roscommon to Baltimore, MD. My g-grabdfather came to Baltimore in 1852--interested in those he may have come to join or those who may have joined him later.

Dear Kathleen.

My great aunt Winifred Sharkey, married a Patrick Teehan and emigrated to Baltimore, MD. Where she lived and died . She emigrated from Roscommon sometime in the 1930s i think but am not sure exactly when dont know if this is of any use to you .

best wishes

jagdishkapoor@aol.com

mkdtutor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2002 9:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Roscommon Immigrants to Baltimore MD Reply with quote

(User Above) wrote:

: : I would be interested in hearing from anyone researching immigrants from Roscommon to Baltimore, MD. My g-grabdfather came to Baltimore in 1852--interested in those he may have come to join or those who may have joined him later.

: Dear Kathleen,

: My great Aunt Winifred Sharkey married a Patrick Teehan and emigrated to' America, She lived and Died in Baltimore M.D. My aunt winnie, was from Roscommon, and i think went to America sometime in the 1930s i am not sure exactly when , or who they went to join out there .

: best wishes

Thanks! I am looking more in the 19th century, but really appreciate any Roscommon links--our people did tend to go where they thought there were friends

mkdtutor@netscape.net

Jane Cook

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2002 8:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Roscommon Immigrants to Baltimore MD Reply with quote

My g-grandmother, Susan Lally came to Baltimore from Kilbride parish. Her sister Maria also came to Baltimore but died young. Other siblings of theirs settled in New Jersey. Susan married Bernard Roddy who came to Baltimore from Kilglas parish along with five brothers and at least one niece. All six men eventually opened taverns near each other so that the area of town became casually known as "Roddyville."
Who was your family?

nanie@comcast.net

Kathleen

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2002 11:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Roscommon Immigrants to Baltimore MD Reply with quote

Interesting! where was (is) Roddyville? I am still in the Baltimore area and would like to know where this area is.

My Roscommon connection is through my g-grandfather Thomas Neary. He was born in 1833 in Roscommon and came to Baltimore in 1852. I know of no other relations that he had here--except my g-grandmother and their children, of course. I do not know where in Roscommon he came from, bu there were many Neary's in the Kilglass area--in fact all that I have found from that era were very close to Kilglass--very central Roscommon. I am looking for other immigrants to Baltimore who might have had a connection to him. I would presume that he had a reason to come to Baltimore, but then he met my g-grandmother on the voyage over and maybe she became his reason to stay here.

mkdtutor@netscape.net

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon Old Archive All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: