Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index Leitrim-Roscommon
Leitrim-Roscommon Genealogy Bulletin Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Surname Search
Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index

Neary / Kelly in Strokestown 1845 - 1900

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon Old Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eileen Leahy Myers

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2002 7:39 pm    Post subject: Neary / Kelly in Strokestown 1845 - 1900 Reply with quote

Searching for information on Luke and Thomas Kelly b. about 1845-1850
: Luke married Anne Neary about 1874 and had 3 children:
: Mary who was born in 1875 and married John Leahy from Waterford
: Anne who was born in 1880 and married Patrick Hill
: Thonas who was born about 1882 and stayed in Ireland
: Mary and Anne came to Massachusetts about 1900-1905

Myerswa@aol.com

Valerie Kennedy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2002 1:16 am    Post subject: Re: Neary / Kelly in Strokestown 1845 - 1900 Reply with quote

(User Above) wrote:

: Searching for information on Luke and Thomas Kelly b. about 1845-1850
: : Luke married Anne Neary about 1874 and had 3 children:
: : Mary who was born in 1875 and married John Leahy from Waterford
: : Anne who was born in 1880 and married Patrick Hill
: : Thonas who was born about 1882 and stayed in Ireland
: : Mary and Anne came to Massachusetts about 1900-1905

Hello Eileen:

Your name sounds familiar - so I don't know if I've contacted you before this - do forgive me if I'm repeating myself!

I'm in search of a townland for my NEARY family, who left Roscommon around the 1835 mark. My direct ancestor was Martin NEARY who was born in Roscommon c. 1817, married Bridget MURRAY in Birmingham (UK) in 1835 and they had six sons. Their third son John (b. 1839) had Godparents with the names James and Mary KELLY - so I've always looked for a NEARY/KELLY connection somewhere along the line. Would you know if any of your NEARY people emigrated to England at all? Two of my g-grandfather's brothers emigrated to the U.S. somewhere in the middle of the 19th century... but don't know where they eventually settled.

I'd be delighted to hear from you with more informatin about your NEARY family - and I can reciprocate if you think I could be of some assistance in any way.

Look fwd to hearing from you...

With every good wish.....

Valerie Kennedy (Launceston, Tasmania, Aust.)

nualpark@bigpond.com

Mary Lee Dunn

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2002 5:46 am    Post subject: Re: Neary / Kelly in Strokestown 1845 - 1900 Reply with quote

(User Above) wrote:

: : Searching for information on Luke and Thomas Kelly b. about 1845-1850
: : : Luke married Anne Neary about 1874 and had 3 children:
: : : Mary who was born in 1875 and married John Leahy from Waterford
: : : Anne who was born in 1880 and married Patrick Hill
: : : Thonas who was born about 1882 and stayed in Ireland
: : : Mary and Anne came to Massachusetts about 1900-1905

: Hello Eileen:

: Your name sounds familiar - so I don't know if I've contacted you before this - do forgive me if I'm repeating myself!

: I'm in search of a townland for my NEARY family, who left Roscommon around the 1835 mark. My direct ancestor was Martin NEARY who was born in Roscommon c. 1817, married Bridget MURRAY in Birmingham (UK) in 1835 and they had six sons. Their third son John (b. 1839) had Godparents with the names James and Mary KELLY - so I've always looked for a NEARY/KELLY connection somewhere along the line. Would you know if any of your NEARY people emigrated to England at all? Two of my g-grandfather's brothers emigrated to the U.S. somewhere in the middle of the 19th century... but don't know where they eventually settled.

: I'd be delighted to hear from you with more informatin about your NEARY family - and I can reciprocate if you think I could be of some assistance in any way.

: Look fwd to hearing from you...

: With every good wish.....

: Valerie Kennedy (Launceston, Tasmania, Aust.)

Hi, Valerie,
Do you know that the 1796 Flax Bounty List shows a Martin Nary in Kilmore Parish? I think he's the only Martin listed.
Mary Lee

maryldunn@aol.com

mkdtutor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2002 10:30 am    Post subject: Re: Neary / Kelly in Strokestown 1845 - 1900 Reply with quote

(User Above) wrote:

: : Searching for information on Luke and Thomas Kelly b. about 1845-1850
: : : Luke married Anne Neary about 1874 and had 3 children:
: : : Mary who was born in 1875 and married John Leahy from Waterford
: : : Anne who was born in 1880 and married Patrick Hill
: : : Thonas who was born about 1882 and stayed in Ireland
: : : Mary and Anne came to Massachusetts about 1900-1905

: Hello Eileen:

: Your name sounds familiar - so I don't know if I've contacted you before this - do forgive me if I'm repeating myself!

: I'm in search of a townland for my NEARY family, who left Roscommon around the 1835 mark. My direct ancestor was Martin NEARY who was born in Roscommon c. 1817, married Bridget MURRAY in Birmingham (UK) in 1835 and they had six sons. Their third son John (b. 1839) had Godparents with the names James and Mary KELLY - so I've always looked for a NEARY/KELLY connection somewhere along the line. Would you know if any of your NEARY people emigrated to England at all? Two of my g-grandfather's brothers emigrated to the U.S. somewhere in the middle of the 19th century... but don't know where they eventually settled.

: I'd be delighted to hear from you with more informatin about your NEARY family - and I can reciprocate if you think I could be of some assistance in any way.

: Look fwd to hearing from you...

: With every good wish.....

: Valerie Kennedy (Launceston, Tasmania, Aust.)

Valerie--do you have any idea of the names ofyour g-grandfathers brothers? I have a Thomas Neary, b. 1833 (according to tombstone and census) who emigrated to Baltimore, MD in 1852. His oldest son was named John. Probably too common, but right time frame at least.

mkdtutor@netscape.net

Brian Neary

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2002 9:32 am    Post subject: Re: Neary / Kelly in Strokestown 1845 - 1900 Reply with quote

(User Above) wrote:

: : : Searching for information on Luke and Thomas Kelly b. about 1845-1850
: : : : Luke married Anne Neary about 1874 and had 3 children:
: : : : Mary who was born in 1875 and married John Leahy from Waterford
: : : : Anne who was born in 1880 and married Patrick Hill
: : : : Thonas who was born about 1882 and stayed in Ireland
: : : : Mary and Anne came to Massachusetts about 1900-1905

: : Hello Eileen:

: : Your name sounds familiar - so I don't know if I've contacted you before this - do forgive me if I'm repeating myself!

: : I'm in search of a townland for my NEARY family, who left Roscommon around the 1835 mark. My direct ancestor was Martin NEARY who was born in Roscommon c. 1817, married Bridget MURRAY in Birmingham (UK) in 1835 and they had six sons. Their third son John (b. 1839) had Godparents with the names James and Mary KELLY - so I've always looked for a NEARY/KELLY connection somewhere along the line. Would you know if any of your NEARY people emigrated to England at all? Two of my g-grandfather's brothers emigrated to the U.S. somewhere in the middle of the 19th century... but don't know where they eventually settled.

: : I'd be delighted to hear from you with more informatin about your NEARY family - and I can reciprocate if you think I could be of some assistance in any way.

: : Look fwd to hearing from you...

: : With every good wish.....

: : Valerie Kennedy (Launceston, Tasmania, Aust.)

: Valerie--do you have any idea of the names ofyour g-grandfathers brothers? I have a Thomas Neary, b. 1833 (according to tombstone and census) who emigrated to Baltimore, MD in 1852. His oldest son was named John. Probably too common, but right time frame at least.

bsnjmsire@aol.com

Brian Neary

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2002 9:38 am    Post subject: Re: Neary / Kelly in Strokestown 1845 - 1900 Reply with quote

(User Above) wrote:

: : : Searching for information on Luke and Thomas Kelly b. about 1845-1850
: : : : Luke married Anne Neary about 1874 and had 3 children:
: : : : Mary who was born in 1875 and married John Leahy from Waterford
: : : : Anne who was born in 1880 and married Patrick Hill
: : : : Thonas who was born about 1882 and stayed in Ireland
: : : : Mary and Anne came to Massachusetts about 1900-1905

: : Hello Eileen:

: : Your name sounds familiar - so I don't know if I've contacted you before this - do forgive me if I'm repeating myself!

: : I'm in search of a townland for my NEARY family, who left Roscommon around the 1835 mark. My direct ancestor was Martin NEARY who was born in Roscommon c. 1817, married Bridget MURRAY in Birmingham (UK) in 1835 and they had six sons. Their third son John (b. 1839) had Godparents with the names James and Mary KELLY - so I've always looked for a NEARY/KELLY connection somewhere along the line. Would you know if any of your NEARY people emigrated to England at all? Two of my g-grandfather's brothers emigrated to the U.S. somewhere in the middle of the 19th century... but don't know where they eventually settled.

: : I'd be delighted to hear from you with more informatin about your NEARY family - and I can reciprocate if you think I could be of some assistance in any way.

: : Look fwd to hearing from you...

: : With every good wish.....

: : Valerie Kennedy (Launceston, Tasmania, Aust.)

: Valerie--do you have any idea of the names ofyour g-grandfathers brothers? I have a Thomas Neary, b. 1833 (according to tombstone and census) who emigrated to Baltimore, MD in 1852. His oldest son was named John. Probably too common, but right time frame at least.
There are many Nearys who settled in Rochester,New York. My G-G Grandfather (Michael)and 2 brothers Patrick and Joseph lived in Greece,NY with their mother Mary (nee Callan).If Ican be of any help please contact.

bsnjmsire@aol.com

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon Old Archive All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: