Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index Leitrim-Roscommon
Leitrim-Roscommon Genealogy Bulletin Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Surname Search
Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index

NOON FAMILY IN KILRONAN, ROSCOMMON, OHARA

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon Old Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Charlene

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 7:41 pm    Post subject: NOON FAMILY IN KILRONAN, ROSCOMMON, OHARA Reply with quote

Would anyone have access to records from KILRONAN. I am looking for Thoma and Bridget (McLaughlin) NOON and would like to know who their children might have been.

I am looking for the parents of: THOMAS, MICHAEL, BRIDGET, CECILY, and PATRICK NOON. These children all emigrated to the US in the mid-1850's and all stated they were from Roscommon. All settled in OHIO.

I hope someone has access to baptismal records of this family. They would have been Catholic.

Would the name O'HARA be a Roscommon name as well? Bridget married a JAMES or THOMAS O'HARA.

Blessings to anyone who can help with this family.

Charlene

cbauer@accnorwalk.com

Ann

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2003 2:35 pm    Post subject: Re: NOON FAMILY IN KILRONAN, ROSCOMMON, OHARA Reply with quote

I found only 1 entry for a Thomas Noon and a Bridget McLoughlin. A daughter Mariam was shown on 7/27/1829....her godparents were Daniel Noon and Maria Noon. The townland shown was Carrabane. When I checked the Tithe records(1835) for that townland it showed the following occupiers--Degnan,Duffy,Flynn,Kelly,Leydon, McGowan and Thady Noon. The church records only start with the year 1824 and the last half of 1829 to Jan 1835 are missing. Would the parents of the other names you mention be Thomas & Bridget?????/

Charlene

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2003 8:49 pm    Post subject: Re: NOON FAMILY IN KILRONAN, ROSCOMMON, OHARA Reply with quote

(User Above) wrote:

:
: I found only 1 entry for a Thomas Noon and a Bridget McLoughlin. A daughter Mariam was shown on 7/27/1829....her godparents were Daniel Noon and Maria Noon. The townland shown was Carrabane. When I checked the Tithe records(1835) for that townland it showed the following occupiers--Degnan,Duffy,Flynn,Kelly,Leydon, McGowan and Thady Noon. The church records only start with the year 1824 and the last half of 1829 to Jan 1835 are missing. Would the parents of the other names you mention be Thomas & Bridget?????/

Ann,

Thank you so much. It is very possible that Thomas and Bridget could be the parents of our grandfather and his siblings. Thomas and Bridget certainly tie in with the Irish naming patterns. Oh, if this is the breakthrough we have been waiting for we will be so grateful. Thank you for taking the time to answer our query.

Happy New Year.

cbauer@accnorwalk.com

Ann

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2003 10:15 am    Post subject: Re: NOON FAMILY IN KILRONAN, ROSCOMMON, OHARA Reply with quote

me again.....Have you checked the 1880 British Census entries on www.familysearch.org? I found a connection between Noon and O'hara on this entry

Household:

Name Relation Marital Status Gender Age Birthplace Occupation Disability
Charles OHARA Head M Male 50 Roscommon, Ireland Dock Laborer
Mary OHARA Wife M Female 40 Roscommon, Ireland
Mary OHARA Daur U Female 14 Runcorn, Cheshire, England Scholar
Selina NOONE Aunt U Female 20 Roscommon, Ireland Servant

Good luck

Ann

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2003 3:09 pm    Post subject: Re: NOON FAMILY IN KILRONAN, ROSCOMMON, OHARA Reply with quote

Hi Again.....I found these Noon entries in the same townland for later years. The current spelling of the townland may be CARROWBAUN. I found this spelling by looking at the kilronanparishwebsite.com

On 2/15/1858 Gulielmus (William) Noone married Mariam Tansey of Rookhill. Their witnesses were John Noone and Hanora Flynn. Their children born in Carrowbaun were
James born July 3, 1860, Michael born 6/5/1862, Mariam born 5/23/1863, Bridget born 1/6/1865, Patrick born 3/16/1866, Anna born 6/23/1867 and Eleanor born 6/28/1869.

Ann

Carol Noon

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2003 4:24 pm    Post subject: Re: NOON FAMILY IN KILRONAN, ROSCOMMON, OHARA Reply with quote

(User Above) wrote:

: Hi, my name is Carol Noon. I was nosing around the web and saw your posting. I am sure that the research my mother and uncle have done on their family name links us. They have done some basic family research and have asked for my help. Our branch of the Noon clan settled in the coal country of central PA, mainly Ashland. I would like to talk to anyone interested.

Thanks,
Carol

C12Noon@aol.com

Charlene

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2003 11:23 am    Post subject: Re: NOON FAMILY IN KILRONAN, ROSCOMMON, OHARA Reply with quote

(User Above) wrote:

: : Hi, my name is Carol Noon. I was nosing around the web and saw your posting. I am sure that the research my mother and uncle have done on their family name links us. They have done some basic family research and have asked for my help. Our branch of the Noon clan settled in the coal country of central PA, mainly Ashland. I would like to talk to anyone interested.

: Thanks,
: Carol

Carol,

It would be wonderful if we could link these families. The name NOON is not that common and most seem to have originated in Roscommon. I have not had any indication that our family has a connection to Pennsylvania Noon's, but I have noticed the same first names mentioned.

I would be interested in what information you have.

Charlene

cbauer@accnorwalk.com

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon Old Archive All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: