Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index Leitrim-Roscommon
Leitrim-Roscommon Genealogy Bulletin Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Surname Search
Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index

Flanagan/Dufficy

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon Old Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marcia Christensen

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 8:09 pm    Post subject: Flanagan/Dufficy Reply with quote

I would very much appreciate any information about my ancestors from Elphin, County Roscommon. Joseph Flanagan married Martha Dufficy and emigrated to Australia about 1840 with their family.Their daughter Jane married Simon Bulger in Sydney in 1849. One of their sons Roderick Joseph Flanagan was a writer and poet having published at least one book of poems. He travelled to England from Australia in 1860 and died there in Feb.1861. there were other children including an Edward and Ann.
If this information sounds at all familiar to anyone please get in touch.

marciadc@hotmail.com

Anne Evola

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 2:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Flanagan/Dufficy Reply with quote

Have you the names of Joseph'e siblings at all? My GG-Grandmother was Margaret Flanagan (b. c. 1833 / m. James Moran 1858). Margaret had four siblings we are aware of - Eleanor, Patt, Ellen and Michael. Even though she would have been much younger than Joseph, that could very well be given the huge families (James had a sister 20 years younger)they all had.

Also, James had a sister, Mary (b. 1835) who married a Michael Duffecy in 1865. We also have another Moran/Dufficy marriage later on in the next generation. These folks didn't move around very much, even on a day-to-day basis.

These families all lived in the townlands between Elphin and Tulsk, namely Currabaun and Clooneyquin.

Hope to have helped,

Anne Evola

aloveanne@cshore.com

Kathleen Tracy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 9:00 am    Post subject: Re: Flanagan/Dufficy Reply with quote

I had Great-great grandparents whose names were a Anna Dufficy who Married a Bernard McNamara. do these names fall in your Family lines? know there oldest was suppose to maybe been Bernard Jr. born 1826. there was also my great grandfather Patrick McNamara, Bridget, Martin possibly the youngest born either 1853 or 1854. Michael, John and Mary who was the only child rumored to have stayed living in Ireland. the others I've mentioned came to America, not sure where first landed could have been Michigan or Landed somewhere else such as Canada and then ended up in Detroit, Mich. But do know of other branches in Family with a Arabella Flanagan or Flanigan married a James Roney/Rooney have both spellings on different records. They were in Frontenac Co. Ontario Canada. Garden Island/Wolfe Island. James Roney's Parents were Henry Roney a shipwright and Honora Vaughn . Kathleen Tracy kt72555@yahoo.com

kt72555@yahoo.com

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon Old Archive All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: