Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index Leitrim-Roscommon
Leitrim-Roscommon Genealogy Bulletin Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Surname Search
Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index

Lennon, Feeley, Bannon families, Athlone

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon Old Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Margie Rosenkranz

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 8:40 pm    Post subject: Lennon, Feeley, Bannon families, Athlone Reply with quote

Looking for any information on the family of Michael Lennon, who emigrated to the U.S. around the time of the famine with his brother John as well as a Feeley cousin (perhaps Tom Feeley, he was about 15-16 years old at the time of the crossing) and a Bannon cousin. They eventually settled in Joliet, Illinois. I am Michael Lennon's great granddaughter.

Anyone who knows of any connection, please get in touch.

eighthstep@aol.com

Sharon Flanagan-Hyde

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2003 10:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Lennon, Feeley, Bannon families, Athlone Reply with quote

I don't know if you'll find a connection in this information, but my ancestor, Winifred Lennon, and her husband, Thomas Monaghan, lived in Ballycreggan, Kiltoom Parish, which is not far from Athlone.
The 1855 Griffith’s Valuation listed Lennons as leasing houses, farm out-buildings, and land from Sarah Kelly in Corramore (Ordinance Surveys 48-49), a townland near Ballycreggan in Kiltoom parish. Holding No. 3, a 33-acre, 3-rood, 7-perch parcel, was jointly held by Thomas Lennon, John Lennon, and Malachi Heavy. The three men shared equally in responsibility for the rent, with each share for the land at £4-15s. Thomas and John each were responsible for 15s rent on the buildings, while Malachi’s share was £1. Thomas Lennon was listed as 3a, indicating that he resided in the farmer’s house, while John and Malachi were listed as 3b and 3c, respectively.
John Lennon was listed as residing in the farmer’s house in Holding No. 5a, a 4-acre, 3-rood, 35-perch parcel with a house, farm out-buildings, and land. His rent was £2-15s for the land and £1 for the buildings. John Lennon also held 11 acres, 3 roods, and 24 perches of land in Holding No. 6 jointly with Michael Kenny. Each was responsible for £1-10s in rent.
It is possible that John and Thomas Lennon were nephews of my ancestor, Winifred Lennon (wife of Thomas Monahan). A child named Winifred Lennon was christened on May 12, 1845 in Kiltoom and Cam Parish, daughter of John Lennon and Mary Doyle. Another child named Winifred Lennon was christened in the same parish on July 1, 1855, daughter of Thomas and Biddy Lennon. A third child of the same name was christened in nearby Brideswell, Cam Parish on March 1, 1866, daughter of Patrick Lennon and Mary Power. Another potential relative was the Winifred Lennon who married Peter Harny on February 18, 1841 in Kiltoom and Cam Parish.
Let me know if any of this is useful! Sharon Flanagan-Hyde, fhyde@cox.net

fhyde@cox.net

Susan Griffith

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2003 1:32 am    Post subject: Re: Lennon, Feeley, Bannon families, Athlone Reply with quote

Do you know where specifically in or around Athlone your Lennon family came from? Are you aware that there will be a Lennon family reunion this June 23 in Drum parish County Roscommon just outside Athlone itself. It is being coordinated by the Drum Heritage Group. If you would like a little more information about contacting the group, you can e-mail me. Be sure to mention Drum Heritage Group or Athlone; I don't open mail unless I recognize a friendly message. Good luck with your research.

sueshie@yahoo.com

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon Old Archive All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: