Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index Leitrim-Roscommon
Leitrim-Roscommon Genealogy Bulletin Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Surname Search
Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index

Lowry, Morris, Flanagan, and Walder, Tibohine

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon BB
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aharney

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 8:31 pm    Post subject: Lowry, Morris, Flanagan, and Walder, Tibohine Reply with quote

Looking for any researchers for the Lowry, Morris, Flanagan, and Walder names.

These families were all found in Leeds and Selbby Yorkshire area c 1850 on and I believe they were all from Tibohine parish.

Would love to know of any history of the Tibohine parish, churches and churchyards.

TIA,
Ann
Berni

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrew Flanagan from Errit was my GG grandfather, his daughter Mary married into the Lowry Family. He settled in Leeds, Yorkshire.
I don't have too much information regarding their time in Ireland but I'd be happy to share what I know after they arrived in Leeds. Likewise if anybody knows information pre 1860 regarding the Flanagans, Duffys or Lowrys from Errit or the surrounding area please let me know
Many thanks
Berni
Leah Shearin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have Morris and Flanagan's in my family. They all lived in Errit (Erritt). My great grandmother Mary Ellen Morris immigrated to Central Falls, Rhode Island in 1887. Mary Ellen Morris was born iJanuary 15 or 20 in Ballaghadereen to Edward Morris (Morrice) and Catherine Flanagan. She was baptized in Loughglynn Roman Catholic Parish. Bt 1880, Edward Morris had died and the land in Errit was leased to Catherine Flanagan Morris. I don't have much information on the Flanagan's and would love to learn whatever I could. Other family names include Waldron and Nolan. A Mr. Duffy bought the family house just a few years ago.Baptismal sponsors include the names of Kenny, Flanagan, Hevican, Bolan Lynch, Doherty, Egan, and Regan.
David Leonard

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:36 pm    Post subject: Morris/Flanagan Reply with quote

Ann, I have Catherine Morris married to James Carroll at the baptisms of
three children in Loughglynn (Tibohine) as follows: Ann Carroll born 4/6/1817; John Carroll born 31/8/1824; and Patick Carroll born 26/1/1822.
Also, I have Ann Flanagan married to John Carroll at the baptism of their
daughter, Elizabeth, born 16/5/1825 again in Loughglynn, County Ros-
common. My great-great grandfather, Patrick Leonard, married a Mary
Carroll c. 1835 in Loughglynn hence the Carroll research...David Leonard
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon BB All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: