Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index Leitrim-Roscommon
Leitrim-Roscommon Genealogy Bulletin Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Surname Search
Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index

Coen

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon BB
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dsweeney

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 7:05 pm    Post subject: Coen Reply with quote

I am researching my parents' ancestry. I have my fathers!, but have come to a stopping point in the search for Coen ancestors. I have my great, great grandfather's name. It is Thomas Coen. He was from the Mayo, or Roscommon area. He was in the RIC from 1839 until he was pensioned in 1872, according to the record I have. I believe his wife's name was Ellen Rourke. They had four children; Anna Marie, Dorthea Jane, Robert Joseph, and James Coen. One of my mother's relatives tried to find the Coens years ago, but I believe he wasn't researching in the right area. Thomas Coen served in Galway, and Waterford. I am looking for Coen relatives in Mayo and Roscommon. If anyone could help me I would be most appreciative.
Thank you,
Millie Sweeney
John Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LDS British Isles Vital Records Index (BIVRI) CD lists the Civil birth of Dorothea Jane Coen. Born 25 Sep 1865.
Parents: Thomas Coen & Ellen Rorke.
Birth registered in Ringville Registrar’s District, Dungarvan Poor Law Union, Co. Waterford.
LDS Film 101388 page 730 will show further details.

The IGI www.familysearch.org/ lists Civil birth of ANNA MARIA COEN 02 NOV 1864.
Parents: Thomas Coen & Ellen Rorke.
Birth registered in Ringville Registrar’s District, Dungarvan Poor Law Union, Co. Waterford.
LDS film 0101098 page 696 will show further details.

Note that entries are in either the IGI or BIVRI – not both.

John
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon BB All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: