Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index Leitrim-Roscommon
Leitrim-Roscommon Genealogy Bulletin Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Surname Search
Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index

Seán MacDiarmada (Seán McDermott) - Kiltyclogher

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon BB
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spm052

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 2:43 am    Post subject: Seán MacDiarmada (Seán McDermott) - Kiltyclogher Reply with quote

Hi looking for relatives of my grandfather Laurence(born Kiltyclogher 22nd June 1890) or Seán

my grandfather was a 1st cousin of Seán - our family nickname is Lackey - i assume to help identify which branch of the family one is referring to

Laurence's parents were Terence McDrmott & Catherine McMorrow - married 1871

Seán's parents were Daniel McDermott & Mary McMorrow - married 1867

Mary & Catherine were sisters
Susan Monaghan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sean, my grandfather, James O'Hara's Sister was married to a Daniel mcDermott in 1869. She was a Mary O'Hara.
My Grandmother was Maggie McDermott whose father was Farrel
McDermott.My grandparents lived on the mountain a 1/2 Mile from Sean McDermott House. I am supposed to be related to Sean McDermott on both sides but do not know how.
My Greatgrandfather was Owen O'Hara married to a Mary Boylan in 1842 Do you have any info? Thank You.
spm052

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 3:28 am    Post subject: Seán MacDiarmada (Seán McDermott) - Kiltyclogher Reply with quote

Hi Susan,

I may know a bit about Farrel & Margaret - If Margaret was born in 1872 & her parents were Farrel & Annabella(Nabby)Travers.

I have ben in contact with another ancestor of Farrel.

Regards,

Seán
Susan Monaghan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My grandfather James O'Hara had 2 sisters whom I know nothing about. Have you any knowledge of either a Anne or Catherine O'Hara married a McMorrow. When I was in Leitrim a few years ago and visited the McDermott house, the Dolans (who have the key) said I should be related through the McMorrows. They were to send me a lot of background information, but I never heard from them.

Farrell McDermott and Annabelle Travers's daughter Margaret was my grandmother, so I would appreciate any info you have. Thank Youl
spm052

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Susan,

not much information on the McMorrow's except for my Great Grandmother Catherine being the sister of Sean's mother Mary.

To my knowledge they had a brother Dennis & their father was Patrick.

I have more info from Census records held in Dublin re Farrell & Nabby

In 1911 Farrell & Annabella(Nabby) McDermott were still living in the Kilty area.

The census was completed on Sunday 2nd April 1911 & states :-
Farrell was 70 & he spoke Irish & English,could only read not write
Annabella was 69 & she too spoke Irish & English & also could only read

They have been married 41 years & had 7 children born alive but only 5 were alive at the time of the census.

From a descendant of Farrell & Nabby I found out the following

Farrell McDermott married Nabby Travers on 20/01/1870
they had 5 daughters:

1. Catherine (23/10/1870)
2. Margaret (14/12/1872)
3. Mary (22/09/1875)
4. Bridget (31/01/1878)
5. Annabella (24/11/1880)

Also going through the Baptismal records held in the National Library i found out the they had 2 daughters named Annabella one baptised 24th Nov 1880 & the 2nd on 15th January 1884 so i guess the 1st died in infancy.

I couldn’t find information on the other infant who died.

The lady who gave me details is descended from Bridget

There was an Ann O'Hara who married Patrick MacMorrow in 1861

James married Margaret in 1892

I got this some basic info on the following site
https://www.irishgenealogy.ie/non_flash/frame_1024.htm

once on click on IFHF Central Signposting Index then on map click on Leitrim this will just give Leitrim results then you can start searching sometimes it pays to look both male and female if looking for marriage as sometimes spellings are wrong

hope to hear from you soon

Sean
(spm@blueyonder.co.uk)
Slocum99

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:54 pm    Post subject: McMorrow Reply with quote

Hello,

My great-grandfather was John McMorrow (1872-1969). His cousin was Sean McDermott (1884-1916). Any McMorrow relatives out there?

Thanks,
Mike
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon BB All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: