Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index Leitrim-Roscommon
Leitrim-Roscommon Genealogy Bulletin Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Surname Search
Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index

Colreavy Cloone

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon BB
View previous topic :: View next topic  
James McCabe

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 12:21 pm    Post subject: Colreavy Cloone Reply with quote

Michael Bohan from Gubadorris
Married Rose Covreavy 1889 Cloone
Looking for Info on Rose Colreavy born abt 1865
where born & parents
Jim Bohan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim :Rose Bohan married John Colreavy in 1857. Also Patrick Bohan married Anne Colveay (note different spellings) on 1/14/1865. whitnesses were John Bohan & Maria Colreavy. I do not have townlands. Also Maggie Colreavy was a whitness for the marriage of Terence Bohan from Labbyeslin in Gorvagh to Mary Wrynne from Drumresk in Gorvagh area on 4/28/1921. God Bless Jim Bohan
kencampbell

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:37 pm    Post subject: Gubadorris Bohan link Reply with quote

James,

My great-great-grandmother was a Catherine Bohan, married Thomas McManus and, in 1858, bore my great-granny Mary McManus. Mary McManus married in Gortletteragh (the RC parish for Gubadorris) and is recorded in the 1911 census as born in Co Leitrim.

In those days, few people travelled far from where they were born, so I guess a link is very likely. I don't know how much you know about Gubadorris but it wouldn't even rank as a one-horse town in the US. There are fewer than half-a-dozen houses in total, so there is little chance of there being two separate Bohan families.

I can't attach files on the forum, but I would be glad to send you my GED file if you are interested.

Regards,

Ken

kencampbell@lycos.co.uk
Jim Irvine

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those looking for Colreavy family members, remember that often the name was interchangeable with Grey/Gray. I have no idea why that should be so but certainly in Cloone RC parish there are several examples in the records.

NB: In Aughavas RC parish there are only 3 Colreavy mentions 1843 - 1880. All are female sponsors. Two at Nichol/McCabe baptisms and one at a Duffy/Donoghoe baptism.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon BB All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: