Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index Leitrim-Roscommon
Leitrim-Roscommon Genealogy Bulletin Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Surname Search
Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index

McQUEENEY/McWEENEY/McAWEENEY/McSWEENEY etc.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon BB
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Manners

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:55 am    Post subject: McQUEENEY/McWEENEY/McAWEENEY/McSWEENEY etc. Reply with quote

This is really a long shot, but I am hoping that someone may have come accross this family.

Michael MCQUEENEY (or one of the various spellngs) was born in Feb. 1837 the son of James and Rosanna McQUEENEY. He immigrated to the US and married in Calais, Maine in 1865. I have been unable to find a record of his immigration so do not know where or when he arrived. He died 18 August, 1886 in Boston, Massachusetts.

I do not know that he came from Leitrim, but as this is a common surname in Leitrim, I'm taking a guess. I have not been able to come up with any other information. I have not found him in the IGI.

I am hoping that someone will have a James McQUEENEY (or var sp) married to a Roseanna. From there, perhaps I can find my elusive Michael and know where the family comes from!

Thank you in advance for any help or ideas.
Cheryl
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon BB All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: