Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index Leitrim-Roscommon
Leitrim-Roscommon Genealogy Bulletin Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Surname Search
Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index

Hester family of Loughglynn, Roscommon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon BB
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RobB

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 2:49 pm    Post subject: Hester family of Loughglynn, Roscommon Reply with quote

Hi
I am trying to find any living members of the Hester family
Thomas hester maried Margaret Barlow on 27th Dec 1900
in Loughglynn, they had 5 children John b1901, Frank b1903, Thomas b1904, James b1907, & Joseph b1909, we know that Frank & John went to live in Chicargo in the 1920's, but i know nothing about the rest of his children and Tom & Maggie themselves,
Also we know from the 1901 & 1911 census that they were living in a place called Aghaderrry,
Any info would be most grateful
Regards
Rob
www.barlowfamilytree.co.uk
Kathleen Thorne

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Members of the Hester family, I am an American author who spent a month every year for 13 years in County Roscommon researching a book on The War for Independence. In the process of researching, I ran across several people who may be able to help you. John Hester lived in Ballinaheglish (which is quite a distance from Castlerea and Loughglynn). John wrote a book called Living to Ninety and Beyond in which he traces his own history. John was 97 the last time I saw him, and perhaps coud not be of too much assistance now (but his book may give clues). Another man I think could be a goldmine. His name is Tommy Maloney and he lived in Aughaderry all of his life. He was living at the Sacred Heart Home in Roscommon town the last time I saw him which was a year ago last October. Tommy is a relatively young man, lively, very sociable, with a fantastic memory for local history. If you wrote to him at the Sacred Heart Home, he may write back and lead you to some interesting data. Kathleen Hegarty Thorne
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon BB All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: