Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index Leitrim-Roscommon
Leitrim-Roscommon Genealogy Bulletin Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Surname Search
Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index

John Flanagan wife Margaret son James

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon BB
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dflanagan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:35 pm    Post subject: John Flanagan wife Margaret son James Reply with quote

I am searching for my g-grandfather John flanagan born abt 1817 County Westmeath, wife Margaret born 1817, their son, my grandfather, James born 1850, County Westmeath, who married Anne Eliza Derby/Darby, Tallaght 1875. Information from records show that John was a domestic coachdriver and James was a groom. Anne Eliza Derby/Darby born 1856 County Cavan, father William a Landholder. This post has been edited from recently sighted census information.

dflanagan

Last edited by dflanagan on Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:38 pm; edited 3 times in total
John Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don’t see Tallagh - Did you mean Tawlagh?

There are two townlands named Tawlagh, one in Killukin Civil parish and the other in Kilronan Civil parish.

There are two Civil parishes named Killukin – I think you might be interested in Killukin - Boyle barony.

Look at Griffith’s Valuation, 1901 Census and maps on the home page of this website www.leitrim-roscommon.com/

At Griffith’s Valuation there is an entry for Derby in Lugsnahammer townland, Killukin Civil parish, Boyle barony.

The 1901 Census has an entry for Derby, shopkeeper, Croghan Village.

Killukin (Killucan), Killummod and Ballinameen (AKA Croghan) RC parochial records are on LDS microfilm 1811 - 1881, film 989741 (most T/L's listed after 1864)

Change of occupiers of land 1858-c1920 is on LDS film 867957

1835 Tithe Applotment records are on LDS film 256643

For film details visit www.familysearch.org and click on Library then film details. You can view the LDS films at major public libraries and LDS Family History Libraries.

Data from The Resource County Roscommon CD

John
dflanagan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. The Tallgaht is in Dublin where they were married. However, the info., could be useful as Derby/Darby is a rare name around Roscommon and with so many Flanagan's close by there could be a connection.

Derek
dflanagan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ed,
Your Caneen information looks promising as the names and dates match. I have a film to check at the LDS for Tibohine so I will order your new connection then. Thanks for your assistance.
Derek
dflanagan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ed, That should have read Doud/Caneen.
Derek
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon BB All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: