Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index Leitrim-Roscommon
Leitrim-Roscommon Genealogy Bulletin Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Surname Search
Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index

Faughnan's of Cattan: Question from Griffiths Valuation 1856

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon BB
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael Faughnan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:03 pm    Post subject: Faughnan's of Cattan: Question from Griffiths Valuation 1856 Reply with quote

Hello, I have been researshing the Family surname in the Cattan area and have tripped ascross a few families that I can not tie in. I am wondering if anyone has the following families on their radar screen

Griffiths Valuation of 1856 shows
Charles Faughnan, Cattan
Michael Faughnan, Cattan

I believe that these are brothers of John b 1812, Patrick b 1813 and Hugh Faughnan b 1817 whom I have traced to current generations and are sons of John Faughnan.

I cant find anything about Charles

I do see that Michael married Ellen McGary on June 27, 1861
They had at least 2 children

1) Thomas Faughnan whom is Listed on the 1901 as a 45 yr old farmer living in Cattan and as being married but does not mention his wife. That being so it backs into a date of birth of 1856. He is listed as living with his niece Ellen Heslin and nephew Michael Heslin In the 1911 census he is listed as
as a widower living alone.

2) Catherine Faughnan was married to John Heslin in Gortletteragh on Jan 01, 1887. John is further
listed in the 1901 census as a 58 yr old widower living in Cattan which makes his year of birth 1845. their children were
referenced as living with Thomas on the 1901 census.

* Ellen Heslin baptized Dec 12, 1877
* Michael Heslin baptized May 31, 1884
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon BB All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: