Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index Leitrim-Roscommon
Leitrim-Roscommon Genealogy Bulletin Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Surname Search
Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index

Kiltobar, Kiltullagh Parish, Roscommon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon BB
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nuala

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 1:58 pm    Post subject: Kiltobar, Kiltullagh Parish, Roscommon Reply with quote

I am looking for Kiltobar on the OS Discovery Series maps to no avail. I also can not find it listed on the IreAtlas database, or the 1901 Census.
In the FHL film #926226, Parochial Records of Kiltullagh (Roscommon) 1839-1880 there are lots of baptisms and marriages for this townland. Any help would be appreciated. On the Kiltullagh Parish website, http://www.kiltullagh.com/ Kiltobar is mentioned as having a church at one time. My mother's side come from Ballinross, Benmore, Mt. Delvin and I was wondering if Kiltobar is in the same area.
Thanks, Nuala
Judy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nuala,

I don't know if this will help, but a gentleman named John Fischer mentioned on a Genealogy.com posting that he had been to Kiltobar a couple of times and has spoken to a local person. The post is about a year old - but perhaps he can help. You should be able to see the post at
http://genforum.genealogy.com/ruane/messages/152.html

The LDS Film that you mention has many of my Tyrrell family marriages and baptisms listed. They lived in Mountain (Lower).

Best of luck in your search,

Judy
________
Healthy Relationship Advice Forums

Last edited by Judy on Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Martin Meehan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiltobar is a locally used name for three Townlands Pollanalty East,
Pollanalty West and Pollaphuca. If you are checking the census records you will have to enter these Townlands not Kiltobar. A further name was used for a part of Pollanalty East. It only consisted of 2 or three houses. The name used in the church records was Collisker. My own ancestors spent a period in Pollanalty East. My email is martinmeehan@msn.com. If you let me know what families you are researching I may be able to help. I went to National School in Mountdelvin.
Nuala

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EXACTlY the info I was looking for Martin. Will be in touch by email on what I am working on. Thank you so much.
Regards, Nuala
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon BB All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: