Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index Leitrim-Roscommon
Leitrim-Roscommon Genealogy Bulletin Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Surname Search
Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index

Looking for ancesters Sweeney/Gillooley

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon BB
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kenya1988

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:35 am    Post subject: Looking for ancesters Sweeney/Gillooley Reply with quote

Hello, my name is Patricia Cunningham. I don't know much about the ancesters I am searching for other than the fact that my great Grandmother's name was Margaret Sweeney. Her brother Charles married Mary Ann Reily and they had two sons Patrick and Eugene who lived in Carrigallen. My great Grandfather Bernard Gillooly (dear B.J. in the letter) recieved a letter from Charles dated 14 December 1905 informing him that his Mother (my great-great Grandmother-her name may have been Jane as the 1901 census indicates Jane/Mother as living with the family) had died and that she was buried on the 28th of November. The letter also says that Owne and Thomas are well and were at the funeral. They may have been Charles and Margaret's brothers. That was the only clue we had to her family. The farm is now owned by Joe and Sheila Doonan who were kind enough to show me the place when I visited in 2006. Margaret Sweeney married Bernard Gillooly (or Gilhooley or Gilhooly, I have seen it spelled many different ways) and ultimately they lived in Philadelphia, PA. I don't know if they married in Ireland or in the USA. I would love to know where Margaret lived before she emmigrated to the US, when she left Ireland, if she had any other siblings. I understand that Patrick and Eugene may have gone to England in the 1950's. I would love to find them. The 1905 letter also mentions that he recieved photos sent by B. J. and that he gave one to Rosane as requested. I have no idea who she may be. I would appreciate any leads. Thank you and God bless.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon BB All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: