Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index Leitrim-Roscommon
Leitrim-Roscommon Genealogy Bulletin Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Surname Search
Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index

Missing Person

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon BB
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kathleen Thorne

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 1:08 pm    Post subject: Missing Person Reply with quote

Looking for Loretta Murrin. She attended Loretto Academy in Kansas City, Missouri in the 1959-1960 school year. 50th Class Reunion coming up this summer. No one in the class has heard from her in the ensuing half century. Think she might have come from Dublin---she was adopted. Any leads are welcome.

Kathleen Thorne
Fiona

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 11:19 am    Post subject: Re. Loretta Murrin Reply with quote

Dear Kathleen, What age would Loretta be now? Fiona
Kathleen Thorne

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loretta would be about 68 years old. In her youth she had auburn red hair, fine features, and was a cousin to someone in Kansas City (which explains why she attened this particular school). Our classmates have made multiple inquiries with her adopted family etc. but all investigations have ended in a dead end.
Kathleen Thorne

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Fiona, Many thanks for your search for Loretta. I forwarded your message on to the reunion committe in Kansas City and they will check out the Tipton connection. (I live in Oregon----about 2000 miles away.) By the way, what was your Roscommon family name?

Kathleen
Fiona

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Kathleen, My fathers side were Coynes from the Knockcroghery area...who married O'Hara, O'Beirne, Byrne and Reilly. My father was reared in Fuerty. On my mothers side are the McCormicks from Roscommon town who married Hanley, Doran, Coyle and Reynolds. Needless to say I have many more Roscommon surnames as the tree spreads out. Your book is a great source of information in regards to both the individuals you have researched and the history of that time in Ireland....and the photographs brings it all to life. Regards, Fiona.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon BB All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: