Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index Leitrim-Roscommon
Leitrim-Roscommon Genealogy Bulletin Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Surname Search
Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index

Aughavas RC Parish in Co. Leitrim

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon Old Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robert J. Owens

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 1997 9:22 pm    Post subject: Aughavas RC Parish in Co. Leitrim Reply with quote

Can anyone provide any information, current or historical, about Aughavas R.C. parish in Co. Leitrim--geographical, social, political, etc.? And does anyone know if there are families resident there today with the surname OWENS? Thank you.

Owensr@esr.edu

Gail Moran

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 1997 4:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Aughavas RC Parish in Co. Leitrim Reply with quote

: Can anyone provide any information, current or historical, about Aughavas R.C. parish in Co. Leitrim--geographical, social, political, etc.? And does anyone know if there are families resident there today with the surname OWENS? Thank you.

morang@ride.ri.net

Gail Moran

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 1997 4:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Aughavas RC Parish in Co. Leitrim Reply with quote

My family, the O'Briens came from Aughavas. A cousin lives there still. It is in Cloone and mail directed to there is sent via Cavan. I believe the church is Saint Joseph's, and the pastor is Fr. Prunty. If you learn any more about it, please share your info.

morang@ride.ri.net

James McCabe

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 1997 8:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Aughavas RC Parish in Co. Leitrim Reply with quote

(User Above) wrote:

: Can anyone provide any information, current or historical, about Aughavas R.C. parish in Co. Leitrim--geographical, social, political, etc.? And does anyone know if there are families resident there today with the surname OWENS? Thank you.
Parish Name st. josphs. Pastor Rev. Father Faughnan.

jaes.mccabe@snet.net

Carolyn McGuire

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 1997 2:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Aughavas RC Parish in Co. Leitrim Reply with quote

: My family, the O'Briens came from Aughavas. A cousin lives there still. It is in Cloone and mail directed to there is sent via Cavan. I believe the church is Saint Joseph's, and the pastor is Fr. Prunty. If you learn any more about it, please share your info.

carolyn.mcguire@westgroup.com

Carolyn McGuire

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 1997 2:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Aughavas RC Parish in Co. Leitrim Reply with quote

Sorry for the wrong posting Mr. Owens. Both my grandparents came from Leitrim and my grandmother's parish was Aughavas. I have been to the parish church. It is a lovely church and I think I still have photos if you are interested. I have a cousin who lives in London but grew up in the parish. She still visits often. I will ask her if she knows of any Owens.
Are there any family names besides Owens? My grandmother's maiden name was Mary Ann Lee.
She came to the US in the 30s and married John McGuire. They settled in New York. I live in Illinois but I cross the Atlantic periodically.

carolyn.mcguire@westgroup.com

C.R.KENNEY,DEMPSEY

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 1997 5:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Aughavas RC Parish in Co. Leitrim Reply with quote

: Sorry for the wrong posting Mr. Owens. Both my grandparents came from Leitrim and my grandmother's parish was Aughavas. I have been to the parish church. It is a lovely church and I think I still have photos if you are interested. I have a cousin who lives in London but grew up in the parish. She still visits often. I will ask her if she knows of any Owens.
: Are there any family names besides Owens? My grandmother's maiden name was Mary Ann Lee.
: She came to the US in the 30s and married John McGuire. They settled in New York. I live in Illinois but I cross the Atlantic periodically.

HELLO TO ANYONE WHO MAY BE ABLE TO HELP ME, I AM SEEKING ANY INFORMATION ABOUT THE KENNEY FAMILY WHO CAME FROM ST. JOSEPHS PARISH IN GRODAGUE TOWNSHIP,I UNDERSTAND THAT THERE WAS SOME PRUNTY RELATIONS IN THE SAME AREA, ANY INFORMATION WOULD BE APPRECHIATED, SOME OF THE FAMILY LEFT IRELAND ABOUT THE OF THE BLACK 47. THANKING YOU IN ADVANCE
CONNIE

C.R.KENNEY,DEMPSEY

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 1997 5:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Aughavas RC Parish in Co. Leitrim Reply with quote

: Sorry for the wrong posting Mr. Owens. Both my grandparents came from Leitrim and my grandmother's parish was Aughavas. I have been to the parish church. It is a lovely church and I think I still have photos if you are interested. I have a cousin who lives in London but grew up in the parish. She still visits often. I will ask her if she knows of any Owens.
: Are there any family names besides Owens? My grandmother's maiden name was Mary Ann Lee.
: She came to the US in the 30s and married John McGuire. They settled in New York. I live in Illinois but I cross the Atlantic periodically.

HELLO TO ANYONE WHO MAY BE ABLE TO HELP ME, I AM SEEKING ANY INFORMATION ABOUT THE KENNEY FAMILY WHO CAME FROM ST. JOSEPHS PARISH IN GRODAGUE TOWNSHIP,I UNDERSTAND THAT THERE WAS SOME PRUNTY RELATIONS IN THE SAME AREA, ANY INFORMATION WOULD BE APPRECHIATED, SOME OF THE FAMILY LEFT IRELAND ABOUT THE OF THE BLACK 47. THANKING YOU IN ADVANCE
CONNIE

carmel mc cabe

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 1998 3:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Aughavas RC Parish in Co. Leitrim Reply with quote

(User Above) wrote:

I was born in Aughavas, many Ownes Families in the parish, do you have a first name, & I will check with the folks back home.
i

carme@damman.com

J. Dominic Monahan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 1998 9:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Aughavas RC Parish in Co. Leitrim Reply with quote

(User Above) wrote:

:
: : Sorry for the wrong posting Mr. Owens. Both my grandparents came from Leitrim and my grandmother's parish was Aughavas. I have been to the parish church. It is a lovely church and I think I still have photos if you are interested. I have a cousin who lives in London but grew up in the parish. She still visits often. I will ask her if she knows of any Owens.
: : Are there any family names besides Owens? My grandmother's maiden name was Mary Ann Lee.
: : She came to the US in the 30s and married John McGuire. They settled in New York. I live in Illinois but I cross the Atlantic periodically.

: HELLO TO ANYONE WHO MAY BE ABLE TO HELP ME, I AM SEEKING ANY INFORMATION ABOUT THE KENNEY FAMILY WHO CAME FROM ST. JOSEPHS PARISH IN GRODAGUE TOWNSHIP,I UNDERSTAND THAT THERE WAS SOME PRUNTY RELATIONS IN THE SAME AREA, ANY INFORMATION WOULD BE APPRECHIATED, SOME OF THE FAMILY LEFT IRELAND ABOUT THE OF THE BLACK 47. THANKING YOU IN ADVANCE
: CONNIE

Connie:

In the 1860's or 70's several Kennys (sp) immigrated to Oregon and settled in Morrow County. They raised several children many of whose descendants remain in Oregon. You might write to William "Bill" Kenny who lives in Heppner, Oregon 97836. Heppner is a small enough town that the above address should suffice.

Dominic Monahan
4004 Shasta View
Eugene, Oregon 97405

dmonahan@luvaascobb.com

Aidan M.Charles

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 1998 8:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Aughavas RC Parish in Co. Leitrim Reply with quote

:
: : Sorry for the wrong posting Mr. Owens. Both my grandparents came from Leitrim and my grandmother's parish was Aughavas. I have been to the parish church. It is a lovely church and I think I still have photos if you are interested. I have a cousin who lives in London but grew up in the parish. She still visits often. I will ask her if she knows of any Owens.
: : Are there any family names besides Owens? My grandmother's maiden name was Mary Ann Lee.
: : She came to the US in the 30s and married John McGuire. They settled in New York. I live in Illinois but I cross the Atlantic periodically.

: HELLO TO ANYONE WHO MAY BE ABLE TO HELP ME, I AM SEEKING ANY INFORMATION ABOUT THE KENNEY FAMILY WHO CAME FROM ST. JOSEPHS PARISH IN GRODAGUE TOWNSHIP,I UNDERSTAND THAT THERE WAS SOME PRUNTY RELATIONS IN THE SAME AREA, ANY INFORMATION WOULD BE APPRECHIATED, SOME OF THE FAMILY LEFT IRELAND ABOUT THE OF THE BLACK 47. THANKING YOU IN ADVANCE

AidanPam@aol.com

Aidan M. Charles

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 1998 8:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Aughavas RC Parish in Co. Leitrim Reply with quote

:

I was born in Aughavas.I left there in1970 when I was 15.I do remember a family of Kenny`s who moved to Carrigallen Parish about the same time before moving they lived in Corriga townland.I also knew Prunty`s who moved away but I dont know where to they lived in Corriga also

AidanPam@aol.com

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon Old Archive All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: