Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index Leitrim-Roscommon
Leitrim-Roscommon Genealogy Bulletin Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Surname Search
Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index

GANNON, GRIER, RAGAN, GIBLIN Research

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon Old Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ann Gannon

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 1997 10:10 pm    Post subject: GANNON, GRIER, RAGAN, GIBLIN Research Reply with quote

Seeking any evidence that Bartholomew Grier and Catharine Ragan lived in Roscommon County, Ireland, 1840's. Seeking any evidence of Michael Gannon b: about 1825 who mar. Bridget Grier. Where? They came to U.S., had several children beginning 1850's. Lived in Martinsburgh, Lewis County, NY 1860-1880. Need any information.

gemcat@worldnet.att.net

Pete Hanley

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 1997 1:11 pm    Post subject: Re: GANNON, GRIER, RAGAN, GIBLIN Research Reply with quote

(User Above) wrote:

: Seeking any evidence that Bartholomew Grier and Catharine Ragan lived in Roscommon County, Ireland, 1840's. Seeking any evidence of Michael Gannon b: about 1825 who mar. Bridget Grier. Where? They came to U.S., had several children beginning 1850's. Lived in Martinsburgh, Lewis County, NY 1860-1880. Need any information.

FOLLOW-UP: Ann,
I am also searching for Gannons because a John Gannon endorsed my g/g/grandfather Peter Hanly/Handly's naturalization papers in NYC in the mid-1850's. Hoping it will help me find his homelands in Ireland. Following this course I have looked for places in Roscommon and Sligo where there were both Gannons and Hanleys. Here are some places where I found them in the Tithe Applotment Books of the 1830's:
Kilbride Parish Coolcom Townlands-Thomas Gannon, M. Gannon. Killumaod Parish, Dacklin Townland-Mary Gannon, Bridget Gannon, Michael Gannon. Estersnow Parish, Deerylorve townlands-Michael Gannon. Killukin Parish, Knochroc townlands-Bridget Gannon. Aughrim Parish, Carrowbaghara townlands Maurice Gannon, Pat Gannon. Englishtown townlands-Thomas Gannon, Michael Gannon. Dumamooden townlands-John Gannon. Parish of Clooncraff, Cummeen townlands-Denis Gannon. Parish of Elphin, Clonygannon townlands-Owen Gannon. Parish of Kiltrustan, Tubberpatrick townland-John Gannon. Grange townland-Peter Gannon, Catherine Gannon. Parish of Kilcorky, Ballingar townland-John Gannon. Parish of Kilkievan, Cashel townland-Owen Gannon. Knochroe townland (Castlerea) Martin Gannon. Parish of Termonbarry, Ballyinagum townland-Patrick Gannon. Ruskey townland-Widow Gannon. Parish of Fuerty, John Gannon. Parish of St. Johns, Tulngrakin townland-John Gannon. Parish of Easkey, Carrownichryan townlands-Edward Gannon, John Gannon, Patrick Gannon.

There are certainly many other Gannons in other counties and these were only the Gannons I found near Hanleys Howevr the surname Gannon is fairly uncommon in Ireland so the search should not be too difficult. Hope this helps...just holler if there is anything else I can do.

Any chance you have a John Gannon in NYC in the 1850's?

Best,
Pete Hanley
phanley@arnoldcom.com

phanley@arnoldcom.com

gannon-hanley

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 1997 2:53 pm    Post subject: Re: GANNON, GRIER, RAGAN, GIBLIN Research Reply with quote

: : Seeking any evidence that Bartholomew Grier and Catharine Ragan lived in Roscommon County, Ireland, 1840's. Seeking any evidence of Michael Gannon b: about 1825 who mar. Bridget Grier. Where? They came to U.S., had several children beginning 1850's. Lived in Martinsburgh, Lewis County, NY 1860-1880. Need any information.

: FOLLOW-UP: Ann,
: I am also searching for Gannons because a John Gannon endorsed my g/g/grandfather Peter Hanly/Handly's naturalization papers in NYC in the mid-1850's. Hoping it will help me find his homelands in Ireland. Following this course I have looked for places in Roscommon and Sligo where there were both Gannons and Hanleys. Here are some places where I found them in the Tithe Applotment Books of the 1830's:
: Kilbride Parish Coolcom Townlands-Thomas Gannon, M. Gannon. Killumaod Parish, Dacklin Townland-Mary Gannon, Bridget Gannon, Michael Gannon. Estersnow Parish, Deerylorve townlands-Michael Gannon. Killukin Parish, Knochroc townlands-Bridget Gannon. Aughrim Parish, Carrowbaghara townlands Maurice Gannon, Pat Gannon. Englishtown townlands-Thomas Gannon, Michael Gannon. Dumamooden townlands-John Gannon. Parish of Clooncraff, Cummeen townlands-Denis Gannon. Parish of Elphin, Clonygannon townlands-Owen Gannon. Parish of Kiltrustan, Tubberpatrick townland-John Gannon. Grange townland-Peter Gannon, Catherine Gannon. Parish of Kilcorky, Ballingar townland-John Gannon. Parish of Kilkievan, Cashel townland-Owen Gannon. Knochroe townland (Castlerea) Martin Gannon. Parish of Termonbarry, Ballyinagum townland-Patrick Gannon. Ruskey townland-Widow Gannon. Parish of Fuerty, John Gannon. Parish of St. Johns, Tulngrakin townland-John Gannon. Parish of Easkey, Carrownichryan townlands-Edward Gannon, John Gannon, Patrick Gannon.

: There are certainly many other Gannons in other counties and these were only the Gannons I found near Hanleys Howevr the surname Gannon is fairly uncommon in Ireland so the search should not be too difficult. Hope this helps...just holler if there is anything else I can do.

: Any chance you have a John Gannon in NYC in the 1850's?

: Best,
: Pete Hanley
: phanley@arnoldcom.com

gannon-hanley

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 1997 2:54 pm    Post subject: Re: GANNON, GRIER, RAGAN, GIBLIN Research Reply with quote

: : Seeking any evidence that Bartholomew Grier and Catharine Ragan lived in Roscommon County, Ireland, 1840's. Seeking any evidence of Michael Gannon b: about 1825 who mar. Bridget Grier. Where? They came to U.S., had several children beginning 1850's. Lived in Martinsburgh, Lewis County, NY 1860-1880. Need any information.

: FOLLOW-UP: Ann,
: I am also searching for Gannons because a John Gannon endorsed my g/g/grandfather Peter Hanly/Handly's naturalization papers in NYC in the mid-1850's. Hoping it will help me find his homelands in Ireland. Following this course I have looked for places in Roscommon and Sligo where there were both Gannons and Hanleys. Here are some places where I found them in the Tithe Applotment Books of the 1830's:
: Kilbride Parish Coolcom Townlands-Thomas Gannon, M. Gannon. Killumaod Parish, Dacklin Townland-Mary Gannon, Bridget Gannon, Michael Gannon. Estersnow Parish, Deerylorve townlands-Michael Gannon. Killukin Parish, Knochroc townlands-Bridget Gannon. Aughrim Parish, Carrowbaghara townlands Maurice Gannon, Pat Gannon. Englishtown townlands-Thomas Gannon, Michael Gannon. Dumamooden townlands-John Gannon. Parish of Clooncraff, Cummeen townlands-Denis Gannon. Parish of Elphin, Clonygannon townlands-Owen Gannon. Parish of Kiltrustan, Tubberpatrick townland-John Gannon. Grange townland-Peter Gannon, Catherine Gannon. Parish of Kilcorky, Ballingar townland-John Gannon. Parish of Kilkievan, Cashel townland-Owen Gannon. Knochroe townland (Castlerea) Martin Gannon. Parish of Termonbarry, Ballyinagum townland-Patrick Gannon. Ruskey townland-Widow Gannon. Parish of Fuerty, John Gannon. Parish of St. Johns, Tulngrakin townland-John Gannon. Parish of Easkey, Carrownichryan townlands-Edward Gannon, John Gannon, Patrick Gannon.

: There are certainly many other Gannons in other counties and these were only the Gannons I found near Hanleys Howevr the surname Gannon is fairly uncommon in Ireland so the search should not be too difficult. Hope this helps...just holler if there is anything else I can do.

: Any chance you have a John Gannon in NYC in the 1850's?

: Best,
: Pete Hanley
: phanley@arnoldcom.com

jim fallon

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 1997 2:06 pm    Post subject: Re: GANNON, GRIER, RAGAN, GIBLIN Research Reply with quote

: Seeking any evidence that Bartholomew Grier and Catharine Ragan lived in Roscommon County, Ireland, 1840's. Seeking any evidence of Michael Gannon b: about 1825 who mar. Bridget Grier. Where? They came to U.S., had several children beginning 1850's. Lived in Martinsburgh, Lewis County, NY 1860-1880. Need any information.

jfall214@hotmail.com

Ragan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 1999 10:21 am    Post subject: Re: GANNON, GRIER, RAGAN, GIBLIN Research Reply with quote

(User Above) wrote:

:

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon Old Archive All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: