Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index Leitrim-Roscommon
Leitrim-Roscommon Genealogy Bulletin Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Surname Search
Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index

Lavin/Costello(e)(w)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon Old Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike Ruane

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 1997 11:59 am    Post subject: Lavin/Costello(e)(w) Reply with quote

I am looking for information on my great grandparents, Michael and Bridget (Costello) Lavin. They lived in Cloonarkin in 1864 and Cahir in 1866 just outside Castlerea. They had 10 children Thomas (1860), Bridget (1864), Michael (1866-1954), John, Patrick, James, Cormack, Kathleen, Mary Anne, and Ellen 91874). Bridget had a sister, Celia, who was present at the births of both Bridget in 1864 and Michael in 1866. Thomas immigrated to Peoria, Illinois, USA where he married and had 7 children - 4 boys and 3 girls (only his daughter Catherine married). Bridget and Ellen also immigrated to Peoria where they married. All the other children remained in Ireland and only Michael, John and Mary Anne married. More data is available if it appeares you have/need information. Thank you.

ruane@doim6.monmouth.army.mil

Tom Lavin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 1997 7:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Lavin/Costello(e)(w) Reply with quote

(User Above) wrote:

: I am looking for information on my great grandparents, Michael and Bridget (Costello) Lavin. They lived in Cloonarkin in 1864 and Cahir in 1866 just outside Castlerea. They had 10 children Thomas (1860), Bridget (1864), Michael (1866-1954), John, Patrick, James, Cormack, Kathleen, Mary Anne, and Ellen 91874). Bridget had a sister, Celia, who was present at the births of both Bridget in 1864 and Michael in 1866. Thomas immigrated to Peoria, Illinois, USA where he married and had 7 children - 4 boys and 3 girls (only his daughter Catherine married). Bridget and Ellen also immigrated to Peoria where they married. All the other children remained in Ireland and only Michael, John and Mary Anne married. More data is available if it appeares you have/need information. Thank you.

I think I have some information on the Lavin's in
Cahir. At least I recall town Cahir from the 1901
Census data I was recording for Lavins.

Please check out my genealogy index at:
www.gendex.com Once you get to gendex, submit
Lavin as the surname to search and your Lavin's
should pop up (if I ever saw data on them)!

If that doesn't work for you, email me and I'll
do some further checking for you.

Regards,
Tom Lavin

tlavin@mindspring.com

mike fuller

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 1998 2:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Lavin/Costello(e)(w) Reply with quote

(User Above) wrote:

: : I am looking for information on my great grandparents, Michael and Bridget (Costello) Lavin. They lived in Cloonarkin in 1864 and Cahir in 1866 just outside Castlerea. They had 10 children Thomas (1860), Bridget (1864), Michael (1866-1954), John, Patrick, James, Cormack, Kathleen, Mary Anne, and Ellen 91874). Bridget had a sister, Celia, who was present at the births of both Bridget in 1864 and Michael in 1866. Thomas immigrated to Peoria, Illinois, USA where he married and had 7 children - 4 boys and 3 girls (only his daughter Catherine married). Bridget and Ellen also immigrated to Peoria where they married. All the other children remained in Ireland and only Michael, John and Mary Anne married. More data is available if it appeares you have/need information. Thank you.

: I think I have some information on the Lavin's in
: Cahir. At least I recall town Cahir from the 1901
: Census data I was recording for Lavins.

: Please check out my genealogy index at:
: www.gendex.com Once you get to gendex, submit
: Lavin as the surname to search and your Lavin's
: should pop up (if I ever saw data on them)!

: If that doesn't work for you, email me and I'll
: do some further checking for you.

: Regards,
: Tom Lavin

I have some info on the Ruane family who lives in Chestertown,new York.
Father was Hugh Raune,Wife was Inga. They had 5 boys-hugh, max,jim,karl,joey & 1 daughter Inga. Hugh & his wife just recently past on but the family is from the same town in Irland that you speak of.
If you need info on them E-mail me, their very close friend's of mine.. Michael

fulofit@earthlink.net

Kimberly Ruane

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 1998 2:18 am    Post subject: Hey, Uncle Mike! Reply with quote

Hi, Uncle Mike!
I'm up in Boston and I couldn't remember your
e-mail address. I found this site, though, so
here I am. Try out that gendex.com site. I went
and looked, but without my notes, I'm really no
help on this one. (The post is kind of old,
though, and I don't know if you've already
looked.) Lavin is packed, but Ruane's kind of
bare. Guess that's it. I have to tell you about
my interview with Aunt Mary (Cassaro), though,
and set you up for an interview. Love, Kim

KimRuane@aol.com

michael lavin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 1999 8:14 am    Post subject: Re: Peoria Lavins Reply with quote

(User Above) wrote:

:I am looking for information concerning my Grandfather whose name was Thomas Lavin (married) Sunderland and divorced probably in the 30s. He died, I am told, In Bartonville Hopital. He had four children: Josophene (deceased), Michael John (deceased), Cathrine (deceased) and Thomas James who is alive and lives in Peoria or Peorial Heights. Can anybody help me. Mike Lavin

mlavin@sbu.edu

Vince Hogan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 1999 7:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Lavin/Costello(e)(w) Reply with quote

(User Above) wrote:

: : : I am looking for information on my great grandparents, Michael and Bridget (Costello) Lavin. They lived in Cloonarkin in 1864 and Cahir in 1866 just outside Castlerea. They had 10 children Thomas (1860), Bridget (1864), Michael (1866-1954), John, Patrick, James, Cormack, Kathleen, Mary Anne, and Ellen 91874). Bridget had a sister, Celia, who was present at the births of both Bridget in 1864 and Michael in 1866. Thomas immigrated to Peoria, Illinois, USA where he married and had 7 children - 4 boys and 3 girls (only his daughter Catherine married). Bridget and Ellen also immigrated to Peoria where they married. All the other children remained in Ireland and only Michael, John and Mary Anne married. More data is available if it appeares you have/need information. Thank you.

: : I think I have some information on the Lavin's in
: : Cahir. At least I recall town Cahir from the 1901
: : Census data I was recording for Lavins.

: : Please check out my genealogy index at:
: : www.gendex.com Once you get to gendex, submit
: : Lavin as the surname to search and your Lavin's
: : should pop up (if I ever saw data on them)!

: : If that doesn't work for you, email me and I'll
: : do some further checking for you.

: : Regards,
: : Tom Lavin

: I have some info on the Ruane family who lives in Chestertown,new York.
: Father was Hugh Raune,Wife was Inga. They had 5 boys-hugh, max,jim,karl,joey & 1 daughter Inga. Hugh & his wife just recently past on but the family is from the same town in Irland that you speak of.
: If you need info on them E-mail me, their very close friend's of mine.. Michael

vjhogan@ushwy1.com

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon Old Archive All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: