Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index Leitrim-Roscommon
Leitrim-Roscommon Genealogy Bulletin Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Surname Search
Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index

Boyle family geneology
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon Old Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gary Jelusic

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 1997 7:39 am    Post subject: Boyle family geneology Reply with quote

My birth name is Gary John Boyle, born Feb. 1946 in Wyo, USA.
Supposedly, our ancestors founded the town of Boyle, Ireland??

I am seeking information about the history of Boyle, sources regarding that and
of course the Boyle branch of our family tree. I didn't hit the lotto last week, so I must do this from
my home/office and not the Boyle library in Boyle!

I would appreciate any information regarding the history of Boyle, Ireland
and any Boyle ancestors in/or around Wyoming, USA from 1850 thru 1950.

This is my first attempt at bulletin boards. Any advice would be helpful.

Anxiously awaiting the outpouring of information to follow this message!!

Gary Jelusic amenergy@ix.netcom.com

amenergy@ix.netcom.com

Kim Duron

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 1998 4:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Boyle family geneology Reply with quote

Gary:

My birth name is Kimberlee Amanda Boyle, born 5/20/67 in Chester, PA. Married Patrick Duron 3/8/97 currently residing in Dallas, Texas.

My father is William R. Boyle, born 3/23/41 in Georgetown, Washington, D.C. to John James (?) Boyle and Lillian Boland. My father is the oldest of nine children of John and Lillian, followed by John Jr., Richard, Frances, Denis, David, Aileen (married James Nardella), Daniel, Robert.

Am beginning to look into Boyle history. Let's share other info as it becomes available.

kduron@sidley.com

John D. Boyle

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 1998 11:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Boyle family geneology Reply with quote

(User Above) wrote:

: My birth name is Gary John Boyle, born Feb. 1946 in Wyo, USA.
: Supposedly, our ancestors founded the town of Boyle, Ireland??

: I am seeking information about the history of Boyle, sources regarding that and
: of course the Boyle branch of our family tree. I didn't hit the lotto last week, so I must do this from
: my home/office and not the Boyle library in Boyle!

: I would appreciate any information regarding the history of Boyle, Ireland
: and any Boyle ancestors in/or around Wyoming, USA from 1850 thru 1950.

: This is my first attempt at bulletin boards. Any advice would be helpful.

: Anxiously awaiting the outpouring of information to follow this message!!

: Gary Jelusic amenergy@ix.netcom.com

Can you tell me how your family ended up in "Whyoming. Where did they land in the USA? I'm not sure if I can help, but I'll try.

John D. Boyle, Seattle,WA

jbo455@aol.com

Amanda Russell

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 1998 9:29 am    Post subject: Re: Boyle family geneology Reply with quote

(User Above) wrote:

: I am seeking information about the history of Boyle, sources regarding that and
: of course the Boyle branch of our family tree. I didn't hit the lotto last week, so I must do this from

My ggrandfather was Charles Boyle who was born approx 1860 onwards. Charles married Bridget Harley and they had five children. John, who I know was never married and had no children, Bridget, Annie, Rosie who I am not sure who she married but had three daughters Annie, Bridget and Margaret, and then there's Sarah (my grandmother).

Sarah (born approx.1911)had one child. Her name was also Sarah (this is my mother). Both Sarah's left the local community of Rannafast, Annagary/Annagaire. Snr. Sarah decided to take her 3 year old daughter to Edinburgh in Scotland.

I can go back to when Charles and Bridget were married and started their family they lived in Ranafast/Rinnafarset (Gaelic- Rinn na Feirste), Annagary Co. Donegal.
After visiting last year I have a few other surnames to add to my list. Margaret McFadden who is a cousin. Paddy, Jimmy and Annie O'Donnell who are my grandmother's cousins. Annie Gallagher who is my grandmother's cousin and mother's godmother. Edward Gilliespie who is my mother's godfather but I am unsure who he actually is as he only appears on my mother's baptismal certificate.

Any information would be greatly appreciated. Please EMail EireRoots@AOL.com

EireRoots@AOL.com

Noel P boyle

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 1998 10:03 am    Post subject: Re: Boyle family geneology Reply with quote

(User Above) wrote:

:I am tracing Patrick Boyle born Kilkee Co Clare Ireland born c1855
His Father was Micheal Boyle who died Kilkee in 1878 and his Wife Anne Boyle nee Moroney age 92 died in Kilkee
Patrick had several brothers and sisters
patrick Boyle came to Australia about 1878

:
:
:

nsboyle@dove.net.au

mike boyle

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 1998 3:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Boyle family geneology Reply with quote

I'm living in Vancouver, Canada but originally from Liverpool (so called capital of Ireland?)in the UK.

Parents Edward and Alice both Liverpudlians; Grand father John - seems rto have been a lot of John Boyles around the turn of the century.

I believe we come from both Ireland and Scotland.

I don't think the town of Boyle was founded by "us" - however, it does have a web page and they are very friendly, so you should drop them a line.

WHen I get time I plan to look further into my ancestory but its a little difficult from here - any suggestions from anyone?

Good luck to evreyone in their searches.

: : My birth name is Gary John Boyle, born Feb. 1946 in Wyo, USA.
: : Supposedly, our ancestors founded the town of Boyle, Ireland??

: : I am seeking information about the history of Boyle, sources regarding that and
: : of course the Boyle branch of our family tree. I didn't hit the lotto last week, so I must do this from
: : my home/office and not the Boyle library in Boyle!

: : I would appreciate any information regarding the history of Boyle, Ireland
: : and any Boyle ancestors in/or around Wyoming, USA from 1850 thru 1950.

: : This is my first attempt at bulletin boards. Any advice would be helpful.

: : Anxiously awaiting the outpouring of information to follow this message!!

: : Gary Jelusic amenergy@ix.netcom.com

:
: Can you tell me how your family ended up in "Whyoming. Where did they land in the USA? I'm not sure if I can help, but I'll try.

: John D. Boyle, Seattle,WA

mboyle@bcit.bc.ca

Patricia Sharkey

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 1998 3:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Boyle family geneology Reply with quote

The Boyle family (Boylagh in Irish) were prominent in Donegal.
They were the overseers of the Church lands along
the west coast of Donegal a thousand years ago and
up to the 18th century.
There are still many small islands named for them.
My own paternal grandmother was Mary Anne Boyle
from Urris, Inishowen - she had aunts and uncles who
went to the United States - possibly Charlestown, SC
and Maryland at the turn of this century.

info@dun-na-ngall.com

Alan Boyle

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 1998 11:23 am    Post subject: Re: Boyle family geneology Reply with quote

I'm also looking into Boyle family history, have set up a Web site with the main facts of what I know:

http://family.boyle.net

Would be glad to exchange information or add links to the site. Maybe we can develop a "how to" for tracing Boyle roots....

Alan Boyle
Bellevue, WA (born and raised in Iowa)

family@boyle.net

Francis Joseph Boyle III

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 1998 12:21 am    Post subject: Re: Boyle family geneology Reply with quote

(User Above) wrote:

rboyle56@airmail.net

Charlotte Boyle Walker

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 1998 3:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Boyle family geneology Reply with quote

My father was Lester Glen Boyle b 1922 Iowa, his father Coradon J Boyle, his grandfather Johnathon Boyle m Elizabeth Oliver. I am searching for ancestor information on all the above. Thank you.

Walkersweezort@MSN.com

Thomas K Boyle

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 1998 4:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Boyle family geneology Reply with quote

I am Thomas K Boyle of Woodland Park, Colorado, born 2/13/53 in Allentown, PA. Parents, William J Boyle DOB 3/27/27 of Lansford, PA and Agnes L. Hower, 2/25/29 of Coplay, PA. William was one of 8 children born of John Boyle (died 1956? and Mary Barnhart, Lansford, PA. Any links to John's ancestors would be appreciated.

Boylemail@msn.com

Colleen Ganley Smith

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 1999 8:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Boyle family geneology Reply with quote

(User Above) wrote:

: Gary:

: My birth name is Kimberlee Amanda Boyle, born 5/20/67 in Chester, PA. Married Patrick Duron 3/8/97 currently residing in Dallas, Texas.

: My father is William R. Boyle, born 3/23/41 in Georgetown, Washington, D.C. to John James (?) Boyle and Lillian Boland. My father is the oldest of nine children of John and Lillian, followed by John Jr., Richard, Frances, Denis, David, Aileen (married James Nardella), Daniel, Robert.

: Am beginning to look into Boyle history. Let's share other info as it becomes available.

I am just begining to research the Ganley geneology. Family was from Ireland and I know they lived in Butler during the 1800's . I also know a Boland from Cresson,PA. If you have any info email me at the email address below.

crjs@earthlink.net

James A. Boyle

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 1999 8:15 am    Post subject: Re: Boyle family geneology Reply with quote

(User Above) wrote:

: My Boyle branch goes back to Cunninham Boyle whose naturalization papers indicate he was born in 1795 and came to the US in 1815; naturalized in 1822; married Mary Cannon in 1822 and settled in SC; had 5 sons and 5 daughters; there is a written record of son Cunningham in SC in 1862. I can trace this branch to present. Looking for connections.
My birth name is Gary John Boyle, born Feb. 1946 in Wyo, USA.

jabo5433@hotmail.com

James Boyle

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 1999 7:51 am    Post subject: Re: Boyle family geneology Reply with quote

(User Above) wrote:

: : My Boyle branch goes back to Cunninham Boyle whose naturalization papers indicate he was born in 1795 and came to the US in 1815; naturalized in 1822; married Mary Cannon in 1822 and settled in SC; had 5 sons and 5 daughters; there is a written record of son Cunningham in SC in 1862. I can trace this branch to present. Looking for connections.
jabo5433@hotmail.com
: : Supposedly, our ancestors founded the town of Boyle, Ireland??

: : I am seeking information about the history of Boyle, sources regarding that and
: : of course the Boyle branch of our family tree. I didn't hit the lotto last week, so I must do this from
: : my home/office and not the Boyle library in Boyle!

: : I would appreciate any information regarding the history of Boyle, Ireland
: : and any Boyle ancestors in/or around Wyoming, USA from 1850 thru 1950.

: : This is my first attempt at bulletin boards. Any advice would be helpful.

: : Anxiously awaiting the outpouring of information to follow this message!!

: : Gary Jelusic amenergy@ix.netcom.com

jabo5433@hotmail.com

b.dowell

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 1999 6:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Boyle family geneology Reply with quote

(User Above) wrote:

: :I am tracing Patrick Boyle born Kilkee Co Clare Ireland born c1855
: His Father was Micheal Boyle who died Kilkee in 1878 and his Wife Anne Boyle nee Moroney age 92 died in Kilkee
: Patrick had several brothers and sisters
: patrick Boyle came to Australia about 1878

My family (Donovan/Curtin) were residents of Lisdeen (about 1-2 mi. from Kilkee) in 1865. Having trouble finding any RC church records on microfilm for Kildee earlier than 1869. Any ideas what nearby town might have the earlier church records on film? B.Dowell: :
: :
: :

dowell@digisys.net

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon Old Archive All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: