Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index Leitrim-Roscommon
Leitrim-Roscommon Genealogy Bulletin Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Surname Search
Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index

McGowans of Rossinver, Co. Leitrim

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon Old Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brian McGowan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 1999 2:12 pm    Post subject: McGowans of Rossinver, Co. Leitrim Reply with quote

I'm a great-grandson of Henry McGowan, b. 1828, d. 1919 in Lisdarush. My gradndfather, Frank McGowan, was one of 10 children of Henry and his wife Bridget Gallagher. 8 of the 10 immigrated to the U.S. from 1880 to 1904. I'm trying to get infor on Henry, and the gernerations prior to him. I recently visited Ireland, and found a gravestone in Ballaghameehan Churchyard in Rossinver (St. Mogue's Abbey) for a "LAGLIN MAGOWAN" who died in 1745. Any info, anywhere? It's been about 15 years since I did any research, and since then the 'Net has occurred. I had no idea how much information is out there now. Does anyone know if the records from the 1600's, such as the Hearth Money Rolls, or the Religious Census of 1766, are archived in a database? Any help would be appreciated. Slan. Brian McGowan.

cuyloga@aol.com

Sean

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 1999 9:42 pm    Post subject: Re: McGowans of Rossinver, Co. Leitrim Reply with quote

: I'm a great-grandson of Henry McGowan, b. 1828, d. 1919 in Lisdarush. My gradndfather, Frank McGowan, was one of 10 children of Henry and his wife Bridget Gallagher. 8 of the 10 immigrated to the U.S. from 1880 to 1904. I'm trying to get infor on Henry, and the gernerations prior to him. I recently visited Ireland, and found a gravestone in Ballaghameehan Churchyard in Rossinver (St. Mogue's Abbey) for a "LAGLIN MAGOWAN" who died in 1745. Any info, anywhere? It's been about 15 years since I did any research, and since then the 'Net has occurred. I had no idea how much information is out there now. Does anyone know if the records from the 1600's, such as the Hearth Money Rolls, or the Religious Census of 1766, are archived in a database? Any help would be appreciated. Slan. Brian McGowan.

Hi Brian, Did you find possible relatives Eugene McGowan, Lake House, Cloghan, Rossinver or Philip McGowan, Ardagh, Rossinver?

Sean

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 1999 2:22 pm    Post subject: Re: McGowans of Rossinver, Co. Leitrim Reply with quote

(User Above) wrote:

:
: : I'm a great-grandson of Henry McGowan, b. 1828, d. 1919 in Lisdarush. My gradndfather, Frank McGowan, was one of 10 children of Henry and his wife Bridget Gallagher. 8 of the 10 immigrated to the U.S. from 1880 to 1904. I'm trying to get infor on Henry, and the gernerations prior to him. I recently visited Ireland, and found a gravestone in Ballaghameehan Churchyard in Rossinver (St. Mogue's Abbey) for a "LAGLIN MAGOWAN" who died in 1745. Any info, anywhere? It's been about 15 years since I did any research, and since then the 'Net has occurred. I had no idea how much information is out there now. Does anyone know if the records from the 1600's, such as the Hearth Money Rolls, or the Religious Census of 1766, are archived in a database? Any help would be appreciated. Slan. Brian McGowan.

: Hi Brian, Did you find possible relatives Eugene McGowan, Lake House, Cloghan, Rossinver or Philip McGowan, Ardagh, Rossinver?

No. There is only one of my family left in Ireland, Paddy McGowan, of Briscloonagh, who celebrates his 100th birthday in September. The rest have all emigrated.

Nancy LaRue

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 1999 9:26 pm    Post subject: Re: McGowans of Rossinver, Co. Leitrim Reply with quote

(User Above) wrote:

: :
: : : I'm a great-grandson of Henry McGowan, b. 1828, d. 1919 in Lisdarush. My gradndfather, Frank McGowan, was one of 10 children of Henry and his wife Bridget Gallagher. 8 of the 10 immigrated to the U.S. from 1880 to 1904. I'm trying to get infor on Henry, and the gernerations prior to him. I recently visited Ireland, and found a gravestone in Ballaghameehan Churchyard in Rossinver (St. Mogue's Abbey) for a "LAGLIN MAGOWAN" who died in 1745. Any info, anywhere? It's been about 15 years since I did any research, and since then the 'Net has occurred. I had no idea how much information is out there now. Does anyone know if the records from the 1600's, such as the Hearth Money Rolls, or the Religious Census of 1766, are archived in a database? Any help would be appreciated. Slan. Brian McGowan.

: : Hi Brian, Did you find possible relatives Eugene McGowan, Lake House, Cloghan, Rossinver or Philip McGowan, Ardagh, Rossinver?

: No. There is only one of my family left in Ireland, Paddy McGowan, of Briscloonagh, who celebrates his 100th birthday in September. The rest have all emigrated.

:Hi. I am the ggd of Elizabeth Monahan & John McGowan of Rossinver, Co. Leitrim. Their children were Ann, Mary, Elizabeth, Charles, Hugh & James who was my grandfather d.o.b. 18 Jan 1885. Any connection?

raynan41@aol.com:

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon Old Archive All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: