Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index Leitrim-Roscommon
Leitrim-Roscommon Genealogy Bulletin Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Surname Search
Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index

Re: Kilteeven Cemetery

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon Old Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gerry Grady

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 1997 12:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Kilteeven Cemetery Reply with quote

: Mitchell's "Guide to Irish Churches and Graveyards" list a Graveyard at Kilteeven Townland, Co. Roscommon. I have located a R C Church and a church "without tower or spire" on a 1" = 1 mile O/S map # 88 of Ireland at Kilteeven.

: Members of the Peter Murphy family are buried there.
: Peter Murphy died 1859 age 56 years
: Wife Noreen died 1873 age 68 years
: Son Malachy died 1846 age 12 years

: I do not have any information on Peter and Honore birth marriage or death.

: I do have a copy of Malachy's Baptismal certificate, which I received from the Sacred Heart Church in Roscommon town. It shows his baptismal date as March 6, 1834 and that his father was Peter Murphy and his mother was Honore Hevican.

: Could Noreen be another form of Honore?

: According to Griffith's Valuation dated 1857 Peter lived on Lanesborough Road. His name was crossed offf in 1859 and the land was taken over by Luke Connor. He subleased it to Patrick Kenny.

: Are records available for this cemetery? Does anyone know if an inventory of this cemetery has been taken?
: Any information concerning the Murphy's or this cemetery would be appreciated.

I visited Cloontusket Cemetery & found tombstones Martin MURPHY/Catherine Rhatigan's families,and a few of Michael MURPHY/Honora DEMPSEY's children.I too would like to anyone with a listing of burials in Cloontuskert & Kilteeven cemeteries.Can anyone help? Gerry Grady

Gradygerry@aol.com

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon Old Archive All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: