Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index Leitrim-Roscommon
Leitrim-Roscommon Genealogy Bulletin Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Surname Search
Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index

family history spellman''s/lucas

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon Old Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sean

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 1997 7:07 pm    Post subject: Re: family history spellman''s/lucas Reply with quote

: my name is sean i am the eldest grandson of mary spellman of clonfert who is the eldest child of catheren spellman our family still live's there but if any one has any info on the family tree would be appriciated

sean@seanybabe.soft.net.co.uk

Mary Spellman Handley

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 1998 7:14 pm    Post subject: Re: family history spellman''s/lucas Reply with quote

(User Above) wrote:

: my name is sean i am the eldest grandson of mary spellman of clonfert who is the eldest child of catheren spellman our family still live's there but if any one has any info on the family tree would be appriciated

Hi Sean, My name is mary spellman handley and i live in Cambridge,
Maryland U.S.A. I'm trying to pull together my
family history as well and I thought it would be fun
to seeif we could be related! My ancestor was John Spellman, who
came to america sometime shortly before or around 1849. In America he married Bridget
and they had children named Margaret, kate, John, edward and Lawrence while living
in Baltimore. Their son John married Dora Carr and they had children, one of whom
was named Charles who was my Grandfather. He had a son named Robert (my dad). I live about
2 hours from Baltimore and I am determined to get to Roscommon or sligo some day if that
is where my relative come from. I'll keep you posted. good luck with your search.

mhandley@dorchesterlibrary.org

john thomas

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 1998 9:28 pm    Post subject: Re: family history spellman''s/lucas Reply with quote

greetings Mary , Sean. My grandmother's maden name was Spellman and she ran away fm. home (FRENCHPARK, ROSCOMMON) sonetime in the early 20th cent.(1912-14)? and came to U.S.A by herself, got homesick, purchased a ticket to go home
but missed the boat(Lusitania)Thank god.. Got maried & remained in the Phila area. passed away 1970.
Never talked about home (frenchpark), any of her relatives, or anything of her native life. I'm very courious any living relatives in the Emerald Isle.
Mary, I'm not far fm. you Norfolk, Va area

thomas@exis.net

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon Old Archive All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: