Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index Leitrim-Roscommon
Leitrim-Roscommon Genealogy Bulletin Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Surname Search
Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index

HELP

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon Old Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Linda

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 1997 6:13 pm    Post subject: HELP Reply with quote

My Great Grandfather John Francis Higgins was born June 24, 1862 in Mantua, Castlerea Co. Roscommon
Where can I obtain a copy of his birth record ? or land records ? Any help would be appreciated.

Linda

Fluffie@worldnet.att.net

Michael Murphy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 1997 4:29 pm    Post subject: Re: HELP Reply with quote

That townland is in the civil parish of Kilcolagh. The Roman Catholic Parish is Killukin. You can write to:

Parish Priest
Croghan
Boyle
Co. Roscommon

That parish has birth records back to 1811.

irish.genealogy@usa.net

Pete Hanley

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 1997 9:45 am    Post subject: Re: HELP Reply with quote

(User Above) wrote:

: My Great Grandfather John Francis Higgins was born June 24, 1862 in Mantua, Castlerea Co. Roscommon
: Where can I obtain a copy of his birth record ? or land records ? Any help would be appreciated.

: Linda

Follow-up: You have hard information. Birth certificates are at Office of the Registrar, Joyce House, 8-11 Lombard St. East, Dublin 2, Ireland.

phanley@arnoldcom.com

Michael Murphy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 1997 9:59 am    Post subject: Re: HELP Reply with quote

Civil Birth Certificates from the General Register Office are not available for births prior to 1864.

For earlier births, you must contact the parish for baptismal records.

irish.genealogy@usa.net

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon Old Archive All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: