Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index Leitrim-Roscommon
Leitrim-Roscommon Genealogy Bulletin Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Surname Search
Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index

Diffley in Roscommon?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon Old Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robert Diffley

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 1997 10:02 am    Post subject: Diffley in Roscommon? Reply with quote

Looking for any descendants of my great-grandfather,
Patrick Diffley. Left for America in 1891, born
August, 1869 (Roscommon?). Anyone reading this who'd
like to share any info, please respond.

Thanks.

rdiffley@compuserve.com

Maureen Humphreys

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 1997 11:33 am    Post subject: Re: Diffley families in Roscommon 1840's. Reply with quote

Deffely/Deffley surnames records show the name in Ballykilcline before 1840. A Mary, George and James (no relationship specified) left on the ship 'Creole' for the US on 18 Oct. 1847.
And a Patrick, age 60 in 1847, and his wifw Mary, age 55, and a 14 year old daughter,Bridget, traveled to the US on the same ship. They may well be earlior members of your family and/or a son remained in Ireland. Please contact me if this information is a fit. Also see the site below for more about Ballykilcline, Kilglas parish, Co. Rosc.

searun@worldnet.att.net

Dennis McDonald

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 1997 7:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Diffley in Roscommon? Reply with quote

: Looking for any descendants of my great-grandfather,
: Patrick Diffley. Left for America in 1891, born
: August, 1869 (Roscommon?). Anyone reading this who'd
: like to share any info, please respond.

: Thanks.

Dennis McDonald

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 1997 8:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Diffley in Roscommon? Reply with quote

My great grand mother was Bridget Diffley She had a brother Patrick.Contact me at DJ10456 @aol,com maybe they were related.
: Looking for any descendants of my great-grandfather,
: Patrick Diffley. Left for America in 1891, born
: August, 1869 (Roscommon?). Anyone reading this who'd
: like to share any info, please respond.

: Thanks.

DJ10456@aol.com

Laurence Diffley

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 1998 1:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Diffley in Roscommon? Reply with quote

(User Above) wrote:

: My great grand mother was Bridget Diffley She had a brother Patrick.Contact me at DJ10456 @aol,com maybe they were related.
: : Looking for any descendants of my great-grandfather,
: : Patrick Diffley. Left for America in 1891, born
: : August, 1869 (Roscommon?). Anyone reading this who'd
: : like to share any info, please respond.

: : Thanks.
Hi Robert
Just read your message and we may well be related. Our family tree also goes back to your time and beyond. If you wish to contact me please e-mail me at my son's e-mail address in England:
j.diffley@virgin.net

Hope to hear from you soon.
Regards
Laurence Diffley

j.diffley@virgin.net

Eoin Dornan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 1999 5:16 pm    Post subject: My mother's name is Diffley and I happen to know of him. Reply with quote

Hello, my name is Eoin and my mother's maiden name is Diffley. The Diffleys have lived in Strokestown for ages. My grand-dad lives in Strokestown and his father was a Patrick Diffley. I have all sorts of stories about him, or rather my mum tells me them. Anyway, e-mail me if you want to hear more.

discbray@indigo.ie

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon Old Archive All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: