Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index Leitrim-Roscommon
Leitrim-Roscommon Genealogy Bulletin Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Surname Search
Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index

Re: Does anybody know who I am

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon Old Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John J. Brennan III

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 1997 9:27 am    Post subject: Re: Does anybody know who I am Reply with quote

(User Above) wrote:

: : I know that I am a direct grandson from John J. Brennan who came accross from Sneem, Ireland in the 1880's with his four brothers (5 total). Two of them settled in Newport. Rhode Island. Two went West with the railroads and one returned to Ireland. I know that they were fishermen in Sneem, County Kerry before they left for the new world.I am wondering why I continue to search for my roots. I have visited Sneem two times in the last few years and still seek my genetic origins amongst the shanty Irish I now find to exist. Is there a shrink somewhere in my family tree? (I hope not).signedJohn Joseph Patrick Brennan the fourth (himself)

: John,

: Enjoyed your post....don't know why I continue to search for my roots...I, too, have been there twice and I am more determined to fine the townlands where my ancestors were from. It is a strange illness, isn't it!?! I recently learned of another surname....gggrandmother Margaret Brennan Morrin married to Peter Morrin of County Kildare area. Emigrated with several of their children to US or maybe Canada first. Settled and lived most of their lives in Iowa. Any connection?

: Pat

Hi Also enjoyed your post. I am John Joseph Brennan III with a son the IV we live in Maine, but originally from Conneticut. My Understanding is that our John J. Brennan, Sr. came to America by way of Boston.

jbrennan@foxcroft.pvt.k12.me.us

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon Old Archive All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: