Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index Leitrim-Roscommon
Leitrim-Roscommon Genealogy Bulletin Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Surname Search
Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index

Re: My mother's family: Campbell and Hession

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon Old Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pat Gallagher

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 1997 3:55 pm    Post subject: Re: My mother's family: Campbell and Hession Reply with quote

Haven't been here in a while-saw your post-my g-g-grandmother was Mary Hession, who married Patrick Larkin. Their daughter, Catherine, was born c. 1860 in Killina, parish of Kinvara, Galway. I don't have much, but know that my grandmother's cousin was Martin Hession. He was living in NYC early in this century and was a master shoemaker. His son, Martin, became a doctor; we understand he was the first Irish Catholic graduate of Cornell University Medical College (1924).
:
: : I am looking for the relatives of my grandmother, Bridget Agnes Campbell, from Carrick-on-Shannon in Leitrim. My grandmother immigrated to NYC in 1917.
: : She met and married my grandfather in NYC in 1921. My grandfather was Robert Hession. He came to NYC from Roscommon around the same time as my grandmother. If any of these names sound familiar to anyone, please contact me. I'd also be looking for my father's family in neighboring counties. The Gannon family from Castlebar in Mayo, and the Callanan family from Kilconnell in Galway.

: Correction: My grandparents were married in 1917, not 1921. They both immigrated to NYC about five years earlier, around 1912.

gallfour@aol.com

James Hession

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 1998 5:29 am    Post subject: Re: Your mother's family: Campbell and Hession Reply with quote

(User Above) wrote:

: Haven't been here in a while-saw your post-my g-g-grandmother was Mary Hession, who married Patrick Larkin. Their daughter, Catherine, was born c. 1860 in Killina, parish of Kinvara, Galway. I don't have much, but know that my grandmother's cousin was Martin Hession. He was living in NYC early in this century and was a master shoemaker. His son, Martin, became a doctor; we understand he was the first Irish Catholic graduate of Cornell University Medical College (1924).
: :
: : : I am looking for the relatives of my grandmother, Bridget Agnes Campbell, from Carrick-on-Shannon in Leitrim. My grandmother immigrated to NYC in 1917.
: : : She met and married my grandfather in NYC in 1921. My grandfather was Robert Hession. He came to NYC from Roscommon around the same time as my grandmother. If any of these names sound familiar to anyone, please contact me. I'd also be looking for my father's family in neighboring counties. The Gannon family from Castlebar in Mayo, and the Callanan family from Kilconnell in Galway.

: : Correction: My grandparents were married in 1917, not 1921. They both immigrated to NYC about five years earlier, around 1912.

I don't know if I can help much- I didn't relise how popular "Hession" was until I did an "altavista" name search.
I can give you some English Hession history back to around the turn of the century, maybe a little further if I chat to my Aunt(s), Anne Smargiassi
(nee Hession, of course!) and Sister Margaret Hession, a Roman Catholic Nun, currently "finishing her time" in Dover, England.
My Father was (RIP 9.9.90) Laurence Francis Hession, his father was Joe Hession. My Father was born in 1924, suggesting HIS father's d.o.b. of around the turn of the century. I know my grandfather (Joe) had several brothers who emigrated far and wide. I'll "favourite" this page and come back to it after speaking with my Aunts. (Anne also lives in England. The Clan, in my knowledge, came from Chesterfield)
You have my E-mail, if you want more or are not interested, or can shed any light on my history, please don't hesitate etc...
Best regards and good luck,
Jim Hession

jim@hessij.globalnet.co.uk

Matthew Hession

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 1998 11:33 pm    Post subject: The Australian Hessions. Reply with quote

(User Above) wrote:

: I'm Matt Hession. I don't know a great deal about my fathers side going back to Ireland. I know that my Great Grandfather was Martin Hession and he immigrated to Australia from I think it was Tonemace, Galway at the end of the last century. I had a feeling there might of been three brothers, one went to the States, and the other to South Africa. Martin Hession and his wife settled in the Kiawa Valley in the north of Victoria, Australia. If anyone wants more info could they e-mail me and I'll get onto my father, who also happens to be a Martin Hession and find some more info on where his Grandfather came from and other relatives.

ua951488@student.adelaide.edu.au.

john hissom

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 1998 12:50 pm    Post subject: Re: The Australian Hessions. Reply with quote

(User Above) wrote:

: : I'm Matt Hession. I don't know a great deal about my fathers side going back to Ireland. I know that my Great Grandfather was Martin Hession and he immigrated to Australia from I think it was Tonemace, Galway at the end of the last century. I had a feeling there might of been three brothers, one went to the States, and the other to South Africa. Martin Hession and his wife settled in the Kiawa Valley in the north of Victoria, Australia. If anyone wants more info could they e-mail me and I'll get onto my father, who also happens to be a Martin Hession and find some more info on where his Grandfather came from and other relatives.

Hi. I'm John Hissom my great grandfather changed the speeling of our name from hisson which was origonaly hession my dfamily imitgrared to the united states somtime prior to 1800 possibly the middle 1700's one of my ansestors settled in the Ohio valley near WV in the late 1700's his name was james hisson and was the ansestor for many hisson's hissom's hesson's hissun's and other name derivations in WV I would like infromation about where he came from, I would imagine somewhere in western Ireland counties Galway and Mayo seem to have a high and acient concentration of our name but I cannot find out who or when we came over to america.

jhissom@hotmail.com

Mary Hession

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 1999 3:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Your mother's family: Campbell and Hession Reply with quote

(User Above) wrote:

: : Haven't been here in a while-saw your post-my g-g-grandmother was Mary Hession, who married Patrick Larkin. Their daughter, Catherine, was born c. 1860 in Killina, parish of Kinvara, Galway. I don't have much, but know that my grandmother's cousin was Martin Hession. He was living in NYC early in this century and was a master shoemaker. His son, Martin, became a doctor; we understand he was the first Irish Catholic graduate of Cornell University Medical College (1924).
: : :
: : : : I am looking for the relatives of my grandmother, Bridget Agnes Campbell, from Carrick-on-Shannon in Leitrim. My grandmother immigrated to NYC in 1917.
: : : : She met and married my grandfather in NYC in 1921. My grandfather was Robert Hession. He came to NYC from Roscommon around the same time as my grandmother. If any of these names sound familiar to anyone, please contact me. I'd also be looking for my father's family in neighboring counties. The Gannon family from Castlebar in Mayo, and the Callanan family from Kilconnell in Galway.

: : : Correction: My grandparents were married in 1917, not 1921. They both immigrated to NYC about five years earlier, around 1912.

: From: Jim Hession, England (UK)
: I don't know if I can help much- I didn't relise how popular "Hession" was until I did an "altavista" name search.
: I can give you some English Hession history back to around the turn of the century, maybe a little further if I chat to my Aunt(s), Anne Smargiassi
: (nee Hession, of course!) and Sister Margaret Hession, a Roman Catholic Nun, currently "finishing her time" in Dover, England.
: My Father was (RIP 9.9.90) Laurence Francis Hession, his father was Joe Hession. My Father was born in 1924, suggesting HIS father's d.o.b. of around the turn of the century. I know my grandfather (Joe) had several brothers who emigrated far and wide. I'll "favourite" this page and come back to it after speaking with my Aunts. (Anne also lives in England. The Clan, in my knowledge, came from Chesterfield)
: You have my E-mail, if you want more or are not interested, or can shed any light on my history, please don't hesitate etc...
: Best regards and good luck,
: Jim Hession

mary@livingsound.clara.net

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon Old Archive All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: