Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index Leitrim-Roscommon
Leitrim-Roscommon Genealogy Bulletin Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Surname Search
Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index

Callahan/Kellagher and O'Reilly

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon Old Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deborah L. Humphreys SC

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 1997 7:24 am    Post subject: Callahan/Kellagher and O'Reilly Reply with quote

I have found quite a bit of information about the Callahan family of County Leitrim who came to Philadelphia in the 1870's. Their parents were John Callahan and Mary O'Reilly. I don't have the full name of the town, it was not legible but the letters were Duncrie... They had the following children: Matthew, John, Mary (later Sr. Mary Valeria ssj), Bridget Callahan and in Ireland Patrick Kellagher.

Kellaghers later lived in Corrawallen, Mullaghboy, County Leitrim
Does anyone have additional information, such as parishes, etc.

Your help is appreciated; my information to be shared.

Deborahsc@aol.com

Brian Kelleher

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 1997 9:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Callahan/Kellagher and O'Reilly Reply with quote

(User Above) wrote:

: I have found quite a bit of information about the Callahan family of County Leitrim who came to Philadelphia in the 1870's. Their parents were John Callahan and Mary O'Reilly. I don't have the full name of the town, it was not legible but the letters were Duncrie... They had the following children: Matthew, John, Mary (later Sr. Mary Valeria ssj), Bridget Callahan and in Ireland Patrick Kellagher.

: Kellaghers later lived in Corrawallen, Mullaghboy, County Leitrim
: Does anyone have additional information, such as parishes, etc.

: Your help is appreciated; my information to be shared.

Just curious, would your Patrick Kellagher have any roots or relations out of Roscommon
Town or Athlone? We spell our name a little differently but maybe its just a misquote or something.
I have a great grandfather Patrick Kelleher probably born about 1864. As I said, just curious.

bkirish@intac.com

Deborah L. Humphreys SC

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 1997 11:59 am    Post subject: Re: Callahan/Kellagher and O'Reilly Reply with quote

It is hard to tell with the information which I currently have. I may be able to tell you with further research. If it is true, he was alive in 1905. I have a letter which he wrote to one of his sisters in the US. His parents would have been John Calaghan (or Kellagher) and Mary O'Reilly.
Their parish was Drumreilly.

Good luck

Brian Kelleher

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 1997 4:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Callahan/Kellagher and O'Reilly Reply with quote

(User Above) wrote:

: It is hard to tell with the information which I currently have. I may be able to tell you with further research. If it is true, he was alive in 1905. I have a letter which he wrote to one of his sisters in the US. His parents would have been John Calaghan (or Kellagher) and Mary O'Reilly.
: Their parish was Drumreilly.

: Good luck
This could be possible. My grandfather had several older sisters
some of whom were in the US. I know of Annie, Margaret and Theresa
but I'm not sure who was in the US. Any of those names ring a bell?

bkirish@intac.com

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon Old Archive All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: