Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index Leitrim-Roscommon
Leitrim-Roscommon Genealogy Bulletin Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Surname Search
Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index

McGreev(e)y Family Reunion

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon Old Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
William McGreevey

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 1997 10:32 am    Post subject: McGreev(e)y Family Reunion Reply with quote

A dozen inquiries came to our posting in September 1997 on the Roscommon-Leitrim Bulletin Board. Many thanks to Ed Finn for maintaining it.

There is great enthusiasm for a reunion.

Many also inquired about family history. I met recently with Heather McGreevy. Her father, Michael, who died at only age 63 in 1993, wrote an excellent work on McGreevy's in Moylurg, north Roscommon, and their origins in the USA in Hamilton Ohio. He has an annex listing hundreds of descendants of Original Cornelius (b. 1783 in Ireland; d. 1845 in USA). I am working on updates for new family events where possible.

Many of the descendants lived past eighty, a few were over ninety before they died. Can we put together more informatiion about those still living? Are we living longer?

Please write, even note, so that you can join an EM distribution list of interested parties in the McGreev(e)y extended family.

I live in Washington DC and hope to hear from you.

bill McGreevey

w.mcgreevey@tfgi.com

Micheal Edward McGreevy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 1997 11:52 am    Post subject: Re: McGreev(e)y Family Reunion Reply with quote

: A dozen inquiries came to our posting in September 1997 on the Roscommon-Leitrim Bulletin Board. Many thanks to Ed Finn for maintaining it.

: There is great enthusiasm for a reunion.

: Many also inquired about family history. I met recently with Heather McGreevy. Her father, Michael, who died at only age 63 in 1993, wrote an excellent work on McGreevy's in Moylurg, north Roscommon, and their origins in the USA in Hamilton Ohio. He has an annex listing hundreds of descendants of Original Cornelius (b. 1783 in Ireland; d. 1845 in USA). I am working on updates for new family events where possible.

: Many of the descendants lived past eighty, a few were over ninety before they died. Can we put together more informatiion about those still living? Are we living longer?

: Please write, even note, so that you can join an EM distribution list of interested parties in the McGreev(e)y extended family.

: I live in Washington DC and hope to hear from you.

: bill McGreevey
My great grandfather was Edward Michael McGreevy.He was born in Odell, Illinois, USA in
1865. His father was Edward McGreevy and immigrat-
ed from Ireland sometime prior to that.I believe he arrived in Boston, Mass. I would appreciate any information on this branch of the McGreevy's.

Thank you in advance,
Micheal McGreevy
Beaumont, Texas

SCV1295@aol.com

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon Old Archive All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: