Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index Leitrim-Roscommon
Leitrim-Roscommon Genealogy Bulletin Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Surname Search
Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index

Sharkey family Roscommon, Roscommon pre 1850s

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon Old Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grant S. van Wunnik

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 1997 6:06 am    Post subject: Sharkey family Roscommon, Roscommon pre 1850s Reply with quote

Hi there, I am descendant of the Sharkey's that migrated
to Australia in the 1850-60s to Bendigo, Victoria. They
set up the first Catholic school in the goldfields there.
Any information on the Sharkeys from Roscommom, Roscommon
would be appreciated.
Cheers Grant

Grant.S@van.Wunnik.wattle.id.au

Kathleen Sharkey Ferranti

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 1998 4:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Sharkey family Roscommon, Roscommon pre 1850s Reply with quote

(User Above) wrote:

: Hi there, I am descendant of the Sharkey's that migrated
: to Australia in the 1850-60s to Bendigo, Victoria. They
: set up the first Catholic school in the goldfields there.
: Any information on the Sharkeys from Roscommom, Roscommon
: would be appreciated.
: Cheers Grant

Kathleen Sharkey Ferranti

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 1998 4:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Sharkey family Roscommon, Roscommon pre 1850s Reply with quote

(User Above) wrote:

rafer@ptdprolog.com

kathleen Sharkey Feranti

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 1998 4:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Sharkey family Roscommon, Roscommon pre 1850s Reply with quote

(User Above) wrote:

Hello! My relative, Edward Sharkey,born 1814 Boyle, County Roscommon, moved to Kingston in 1847 with wife, Margaret O'Neill(born Carlow 1800), son John and daughter, Ellen.Do you think we have any family in common. Best wishes!!!Kathleen Sharkey Ferranti

rafer@ptdprolog.com

declan sharkey

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 1998 11:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Sharkey family Roscommon, Roscommon pre 1850s Reply with quote

(User Above) wrote:

: : Hi there, I am descendant of the Sharkey's that migrated
: : to Australia in the 1850-60s to Bendigo, Victoria. They
: : set up the first Catholic school in the goldfields there.
: : Any information on the Sharkeys from Roscommom, Roscommon
: : would be appreciated.
: : Cheers Grant

sharkey@slip.net

Jim Hession

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 1998 3:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Sharkey family Roscommon, Roscommon pre 1850s Reply with quote

Hello,
I have only recently started investigating my name, and due to an American response I contacted my Aunt to see if she could shed any light. She said that I think HER Grandfather (or maybe Great Grandfather) Married a Sharkey Lady in/from Roscommon. So I did a search on Sharkey. My Father was Laurence Hession, His sisters are (still) Anne and Margaret. Their parents were Joe and Elsie Hession, who were both born around the turn of the century. That's as far as I've got so far! Anything you can tell me I'd be very grateful to hear.
Best regards, Jim Hession

jim@hessij.globalnet.co.uk

Kevin Sharkey

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 1998 1:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Sharkey family Roscommon, Roscommon pre 1850s Reply with quote

Hi there,
my name is Kevin Sharkey and i live in Birmingham in England. My Grandfather, Vincent Sharkey was born in Roscommon, Ireland early this century. I know it's not pre 1850 but it might be a help.
Kevin Sharkey

100752.1550@compuserve.com

Nancy Beatty

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 1998 6:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Sharkey family Roscommon, Roscommon pre 1850s Reply with quote

Hi
my names nancy beatty. My great great grandfather, patrick flanagan, a gardners son, in roscommon, ireland, married margaret sharkey, also from roscommon ireland and came to america in 1866.
Don'y know if there's a link.

cftaylor@erols.com

Gene Sharkey

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 1999 6:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Sharkey family Roscommon, Roscommon pre 1850s Reply with quote

(User Above) wrote:

: : Hi there, I am descendant of the Sharkey's that migrated
: : to Australia in the 1850-60s to Bendigo, Victoria. They
: : set up the first Catholic school in the goldfields there.
: : Any information on the Sharkeys from Roscommom, Roscommon
: : would be appreciated.
: : Cheers Grant
: Hello! My relative, Edward Sharkey,born 1814 Boyle, County Roscommon, moved to Kingston in 1847 with wife, Margaret O'Neill(born Carlow 1800), son John and daughter, Ellen.Do you think we have any family in common. Best wishes!!!Kathleen Sharkey Ferranti

shark@locnet.net

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon Old Archive All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: