Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index Leitrim-Roscommon
Leitrim-Roscommon Genealogy Bulletin Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Surname Search
Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index

Re: Tierney & McQueeney

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon Old Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Patrick Martin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 1997 3:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Tierney & McQueeney Reply with quote

(User Above) wrote:

: I am trying to trace my father's family Timothy Tierney and Ann McQueeney, both believed to have come to the US from County Leitrim at the time of the Famine.

: Ann McQueeney may be the one who came with her sister Margaret in 1849 or shortly before. Her father was John McQueeney, her mother Mary Kelly McQueeney. John died in Ireland prior to 1856. Mary went to Australia with her younger children and died there in 1870.

: They may have come from Drumshanbo. Some indication Ann and Timothy were married in the US. The family lived in Connecticut. My father, James Joseph Tierney, was born in Hartford, Connecticut Feb. 21, 1872. He was the yuungest of their 7 children. The oldest was Patrick Joseph Tierney. One brother (name not known) was a Catholic priest in Coffeeville, Kansas.Both my father and Patrick settled in Paterson, New Jersey in their adult years.

In response to your note my fathers family includes a McQueeny link. My grandmother was a McPadden with a McQueeny side. Her name was Mary Katherine.
She married a Martin/Travers. The history I have discovered is that both sides at one time or another are from Drumshanbo. My grandmother emigtared in 1927 to Brooklyn, she was sponsored by the Travers' and met my grandfather Joseph Martin. My dads uncle was Johnny McPadden was the post man for
Drumshanbo until his death a couple years ago. My father has/had relatives that went to Mexico, Australia, Britain, New York, and most recently Canada.
I don't know if this will help you or I but it is worth a try.
Patrick
Send me a reply via e-mail as I only found this by backtracking into the archives.

Erinvikn@swbell.net

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon Old Archive All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: