Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index Leitrim-Roscommon
Leitrim-Roscommon Genealogy Bulletin Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Surname Search
Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index

Winifred TANSEY

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon Old Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bob Breen

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 1997 4:13 pm    Post subject: Winifred TANSEY Reply with quote

I seek the family of Winifred TANSEY born abt 1845 Roscommon (or Sligo?). Winifred emigrated to Melbourne VIC,AUS in 1869. In 1873 she married Michael BREEN (b abt 1843 Listowel Kerry) at Melbourne. They named their home Sligo Cottage. Hoping this is not the end of the trail.

bobb@goulburn.net.au

Tom Keenan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 1997 12:34 am    Post subject: Re: Winifred TANSEY Reply with quote

(User Above) wrote:

: I seek the family of Winifred TANSEY born abt 1845 Roscommon (or Sligo?). Winifred emigrated to Melbourne VIC,AUS in 1869. In 1873 she married Michael BREEN (b abt 1843 Listowel Kerry) at Melbourne. They named their home Sligo Cottage. Hoping this is not the end of the trail.

I have a few fragments on the name Tansey:
The Griffiths Valuation search engine from the Leitrim/Roscommon Home Page shows a Timothy Tansey living in Elphin.
My great grandmother, Mary Flanagan, emigrated to Philadelphia, PA, USA about 1883. I have some letters she received from her family, who lived in Frenchpark (Roscommon) about 1890. There are several references to the name Tansey in these letters:
(1.) Mick Tansey emigrated to USA (Phila., I think) and married Lizzie Gannon.
(2.) Tom Tansey stayed in Ireland (I assume Frenchpark).
(3.) My g-grandmother's sister, Bridget Flanagan died in 1891 at the age of 20 and was burried beside Paddy Tansey in Cloonshanville.

Not much to go on but there may be a few clues.
Good luck in your searching.

tkeenan@msn.com

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon Old Archive All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: