Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index Leitrim-Roscommon
Leitrim-Roscommon Genealogy Bulletin Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Surname Search
Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index

HANLEY, John, Carrick on Shannon, Ros, Ire, @1839

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon Old Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve Hanley

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 1997 3:42 pm    Post subject: HANLEY, John, Carrick on Shannon, Ros, Ire, @1839 Reply with quote

My ggf, John Hanley came from Carrick on Shannon, Roscommon, Ire to the US, time frame not sure. He married Elizabeth Morgan in St Paul's Catholic Church in NYC on April 26 1874. After they were married, they lived in Jersey City, NJ. They had 8 children, the eldest John Francis (my gf) was a JC Police Lt, the youngest, a daughter (Lorretta) used to make bi annual trips to Roscommon in the 50's - 60's to visit relatives. As Lorretta died a spinster in 1976, details of her visits to Ireland died with her. Relatives listed on Family Tree page at the optional link URL. Am interested in finding out anything related to the Hanley Family name, history, clan (sept) gatherings etc. Especially interested in finding any relatives or close ties. Will answer all. Thanks in advance.

Steve

SteveH221@aol.com

Steve Hanley

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 1997 5:58 am    Post subject: Re: HANLEY, John, Carrick on Shannon, Ros, Ire, @1839 Reply with quote

: My ggf, John Hanley came from Carrick on Shannon, Roscommon, Ire to the US, time frame not sure. He married Elizabeth Morgan in St Paul's Catholic Church in NYC on April 26 1874. After they were married, they lived in Jersey City, NJ. They had 8 children, the eldest John Francis (my gf) was a JC Police Lt, the youngest, a daughter (Lorretta) used to make bi annual trips to Roscommon in the 50's - 60's to visit relatives. As Lorretta died a spinster in 1976, details of her visits to Ireland died with her. Relatives listed on Family Tree page at the optional link URL. Am interested in finding out anything related to the Hanley Family name, history, clan (sept) gatherings etc. Especially interested in finding any relatives or close ties. Will answer all. Thanks in advance.

: Steve

SteveH221@aol.com

Gerry Grady

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 1997 2:39 pm    Post subject: Re: HANLEY, John, Carrick on Shannon, Ros, Ire, @1839 Reply with quote

: My ggf, John Hanley came from Carrick on Shannon, Roscommon, Ire to the US, time frame not sure. He married Elizabeth Morgan in St Paul's Catholic Church in NYC on April 26 1874. After they were married, they lived in Jersey City, NJ. They had 8 children, the eldest John Francis (my gf) was a JC Police Lt, the youngest, a daughter (Lorretta) used to make bi annual trips to Roscommon in the 50's - 60's to visit relatives. As Lorretta died a spinster in 1976, details of her visits to Ireland died with her. Relatives listed on Family Tree page at the optional link URL. Am interested in finding out anything related to the Hanley Family name, history, clan (sept) gatherings etc. Especially interested in finding any relatives or close ties. Will answer all. Thanks in advance.

: Steve

My gggrandmother Anne HANLEY m.Patrick MURPHY &had at least Martin (m.Castherine Rhatigan) and Michael ( m.Henora MURPHY).All lived in Gortgallen near Lanesboro Co.Rosc. Anne HANLEY b.abt 1820. There was Thomas Hanley still living there around 1975. I've followed the MURPHY's to the US but know little of HANLEY's.

Gradygerry@aol.com

Roberta Loman

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 1998 11:43 pm    Post subject: Re: HANLEY, John, Carrick on Shannon, Ros, Ire, @1839 Reply with quote

My ggm, Ellen (Hanley) Goldrick was the sister of a John Hanley from the city of Boyle, Roscommon co. She and her husband, Edward and their children, as well as John Hanley and his wife emigrated to the US around 1860 and settled in Hamilton, OH.
John Hanley had no children and took in my gf as a son, deeding the house in which my mother was born to Paul and Josephine Goldrick.John
died in 1920.
Anyone wishing to see if we are related through the Hanley or goldrick families, please e-mail.
Roberta
:
: : My ggf, John Hanley came from Carrick on Shannon, Roscommon, Ire to the US, time frame not sure. He married Elizabeth Morgan in St Paul's Catholic Church in NYC on April 26 1874. After they were married, they lived in Jersey City, NJ. They had 8 children, the eldest John Francis (my gf) was a JC Police Lt, the youngest, a daughter (Lorretta) used to make bi annual trips to Roscommon in the 50's - 60's to visit relatives. As Lorretta died a spinster in 1976, details of her visits to Ireland died with her. Relatives listed on Family Tree page at the optional link URL. Am interested in finding out anything related to the Hanley Family name, history, clan (sept) gatherings etc. Especially interested in finding any relatives or close ties. Will answer all. Thanks in advance.

: : Steve

: My gggrandmother Anne HANLEY m.Patrick MURPHY &had at least Martin (m.Castherine Rhatigan) and Michael ( m.Henora MURPHY).All lived in Gortgallen near Lanesboro Co.Rosc. Anne HANLEY b.abt 1820. There was Thomas Hanley still living there around 1975. I've followed the MURPHY's to the US but know little of HANLEY's.

claddox@infinet.com

Gerry Grady

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 1998 12:02 pm    Post subject: Re: HANLEY, John, Carrick on Shannon, Ros, Ire, @1839 Reply with quote

: My ggm, Ellen (Hanley) Goldrick was the sister of a John Hanley from the city of Boyle, Roscommon co. She and her husband, Edward and their children, as well as John Hanley and his wife emigrated to the US around 1860 and settled in Hamilton, OH.
: John Hanley had no children and took in my gf as a son, deeding the house in which my mother was born to Paul and Josephine Goldrick.John
: died in 1920.
: Anyone wishing to see if we are related through the Hanley or goldrick families, please e-mail.
: Roberta
: :
: : : My ggf, John Hanley came from Carrick on Shannon, Roscommon, Ire to the US, time frame not sure. He married Elizabeth Morgan in St Paul's Catholic Church in NYC on April 26 1874. After they were married, they lived in Jersey City, NJ. They had 8 children, the eldest John Francis (my gf) was a JC Police Lt, the youngest, a daughter (Lorretta) used to make bi annual trips to Roscommon in the 50's - 60's to visit relatives. As Lorretta died a spinster in 1976, details of her visits to Ireland died with her. Relatives listed on Family Tree page at the optional link URL. Am interested in finding out anything related to the Hanley Family name, history, clan (sept) gatherings etc. Especially interested in finding any relatives or close ties. Will answer all. Thanks in advance.

: : : Steve

: : My gggrandmother Anne HANLEY m.Patrick MURPHY &had at least Martin (m.Castherine Rhatigan) and Michael ( m.Henora MURPHY).All lived in Gortgallen near Lanesboro Co.Rosc. Anne HANLEY b.abt 1820. There was Thomas Hanley still living there around 1975. I've followed the MURPHY's to the US but know little of HANLEY's.

Would like to see if there's a connection but know not your e-mail.Mine's

Gradygerry@aol.com

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon Old Archive All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: