Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index Leitrim-Roscommon
Leitrim-Roscommon Genealogy Bulletin Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Surname Search
Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index

John Hanley of Carrick on Shannon, Rocommon

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon Old Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve Hanley

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 1997 2:27 pm    Post subject: John Hanley of Carrick on Shannon, Rocommon Reply with quote

My ggf John Hanley was born abt 1839, immigrated from Ire to US. He married Elizabeth Morgan in the St. Pauls Church in (either Bronx or Brooklyn) New York City on April 26, 1874. They moved to Jersey City, NJ and had a total of 8 children. Instead of a family bible, my ggf kept the notations of the births and deaths of his children in a copy of "The Poetical works of Thomas Moore. To his children and to their children it became the family bible. His youngest daughter, Lorretta, a spinster, used to make trips to Ireland when I was a child (late 50's). Reportedly she kept in contact with a Nun who was related to our family. Looking for any information on either John, any member of the family, or anything related to the name Hanley in Cty Roscommon. Thanks in advance.

Steve

SteveH221@aol.com

Steve Hanley

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 1997 6:00 am    Post subject: Re: John Hanley of Carrick on Shannon, Rocommon Reply with quote

: My ggf John Hanley was born abt 1839, immigrated from Ire to US. He married Elizabeth Morgan in the St. Pauls Church in (either Bronx or Brooklyn) New York City on April 26, 1874. They moved to Jersey City, NJ and had a total of 8 children. Instead of a family bible, my ggf kept the notations of the births and deaths of his children in a copy of "The Poetical works of Thomas Moore. To his children and to their children it became the family bible. His youngest daughter, Lorretta, a spinster, used to make trips to Ireland when I was a child (late 50's). Reportedly she kept in contact with a Nun who was related to our family. Looking for any information on either John, any member of the family, or anything related to the name Hanley in Cty Roscommon. Thanks in advance.

: Steve

SteveH221@aol.com

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon Old Archive All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: