Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index Leitrim-Roscommon
Leitrim-Roscommon Genealogy Bulletin Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Surname Search
Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index

FALLONs from Roscommon

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon Old Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David Falion

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 1997 12:47 pm    Post subject: FALLONs from Roscommon Reply with quote

My last name is apparently descended from either FALLON or FALLEN. The two oldest references are a Michael FALLEN, born in Roscommon County in 1795, and Marcus FALION, born in the US between 1808 and 1812. Can anyone provide any information on any possible relations?
According to a family paper of mine, Michael FALLON is buried in the "Presbyterian Churchyard, Lewiston, N.Y., church organized 6-12-1817." Michael is supposed the brother of my great-great-grandfather, Marcus FALION (different spelling of the last name). The family information says that he was born in 1795 in Roscommon County, Ireland, and that he died 9-1-1838. Next to his tombstone is that of his wife, Ann Eirwin, born 1787, died 9-18-1841, and also that of Alexander Eirwin (1783 - 8-10-1850) and "Jane, Consort of Owen McHugh (1807 - 10-18-1850). These two are possibly Ann's brother and sister. There are also two other stones, one illegible and the other: "T-IHS-STRONG".

faliondg@tvratings.com

Diana Lapsley

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 1998 7:09 am    Post subject: Re: FALLONs from Roscommon Reply with quote

: My last name is apparently descended from either FALLON or FALLEN. The two oldest references are a Michael FALLEN, born in Roscommon County in 1795, and Marcus FALION, born in the US between 1808 and 1812. Can anyone provide any information on any possible relations?
: According to a family paper of mine, Michael FALLON is buried in the "Presbyterian Churchyard, Lewiston, N.Y., church organized 6-12-1817." Michael is supposed the brother of my great-great-grandfather, Marcus FALION (different spelling of the last name). The family information says that he was born in 1795 in Roscommon County, Ireland, and that he died 9-1-1838. Next to his tombstone is that of his wife, Ann Eirwin, born 1787, died 9-18-1841, and also that of Alexander Eirwin (1783 - 8-10-1850) and "Jane, Consort of Owen McHugh (1807 - 10-18-1850). These two are possibly Ann's brother and sister. There are also two other stones, one illegible and the other: "T-IHS-STRONG".

lapsley@icenet.com.au

Diana Lapsley

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 1998 7:19 am    Post subject: Re: FALLONs from Roscommon Reply with quote

: My last name is apparently descended from either FALLON or FALLEN. The two oldest references are a Michael FALLEN, born in Roscommon County in 1795, and Marcus FALION, born in the US between 1808 and 1812. Can anyone provide any information on any possible relations?
: According to a family paper of mine, Michael FALLON is buried in the "Presbyterian Churchyard, Lewiston, N.Y., church organized 6-12-1817." Michael is supposed the brother of my great-great-grandfather, Marcus FALION (different spelling of the last name). The family information says that he was born in 1795 in Roscommon County, Ireland, and that he died 9-1-1838. Next to his tombstone is that of his wife, Ann Eirwin, born 1787, died 9-18-1841, and also that of Alexander Eirwin (1783 - 8-10-1850) and "Jane, Consort of Owen McHugh (1807 - 10-18-1850). These two are possibly Ann's brother and sister. There are also two other stones, one illegible and the other: "T-IHS-STRONG".

lapsley@icenet.com.au

Marta Vaillancourt

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 1998 5:57 am    Post subject: Re: FALLONs from Roscommon Reply with quote

(User Above) wrote:

I am seeking information on a Richard P. FALLON (b. 8/1852 in Baltimore, MD and died 5/20/1912 in New Rochelle, N.Y.) who married Mary E. MORAN and they had Francis Xavier FALLON (1886-1953). Richard P. also had a brother who was a Catholic priest, Martin Xavier FALLON (b. 1846 in Baltimore, MD and died 5/21/1900 in Wilmington, DE). Can you link to this information? Thanks for any help given. Marta

VMarta@aol.com

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon Old Archive All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: