Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index Leitrim-Roscommon
Leitrim-Roscommon Genealogy Bulletin Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Surname Search
Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index

Casserly

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon Old Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ann Grady

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 1998 9:03 am    Post subject: Casserly Reply with quote

Looking for info. about family of Ann Casserly, daughter of Thomas and Dora Kelly Casserly. Family went from Roscommon to New York in 1853 - Ann was then age 9. Ann Casserly became a Sister of St. Joseph in New York and founded the Boston Congregation in 1873. Searching for information about her Irish roots.

agcamera@aol.com

Tom Keenan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 1998 9:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Casserly Reply with quote

: Looking for info. about family of Ann Casserly, daughter of Thomas and Dora Kelly Casserly. Family went from Roscommon to New York in 1853 - Ann was then age 9. Ann Casserly became a Sister of St. Joseph in New York and founded the Boston Congregation in 1873. Searching for information about her Irish roots.

Ann, in response to your posting about Ann Casserly, this is not much but it may provide a clue for you.  My g-grandmother, Mary Flanagan was baptised in St. Patrick's Elphin on 24 March 1865.  One of the baptismal sponsors was Micheal (sp?) Casserley (sp?).  The other sponsor was Bridget Connor.  Mary's parents were Patrick Flanagan and Catherine McNeil.  Mary Flanagan came to Phila. about 1883.  She wrote for a copy of her baptismal record in 1935 and the letterhead on the response was St. Anne's, Elphin, Co. Roscommon.  I guess St. Patrick's was no longer there and the records moved to St. Anne's.
It could be that your Ann came from Elphin and those mentioned above may be aunts, uncles, and cousins.  Good luck in your search.

tkeenan@msn.com

Ann Grady

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 1998 9:02 am    Post subject: Re: Casserly Reply with quote

Tom - Thanks for your response. The Elphin connection seems good. Can you put me on the trail of more information about Elphin?In the Griffiths list I did find a Thomas Casserly as well as a Michael Casserly. Will check that information further. Don't know the date of Griffiths yet.Your response is appreciated.Ann Grady 1/21/98

agcamera@aol.com

Ann Grady

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 1998 9:14 am    Post subject: Re: Casserly Reply with quote

Tom - Thanks for your response. The Elphin connection seems good. Can you put me on the trail of more information about Elphin?In the Griffiths list I did find a Thomas Casserly as well as a Michael Casserly. Will check that information further. Don't know the date of Griffiths yet.Your response is appreciated.Ann Grady 1/21/98

agcamera@aol.com

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon Old Archive All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: