Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index Leitrim-Roscommon
Leitrim-Roscommon Genealogy Bulletin Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Surname Search
Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index

GRADOGUE ROOTS

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon Old Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mary Lee Dunn

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 1998 4:56 am    Post subject: Re: GRADOGUE ROOTS Reply with quote

(User Above) wrote:

: GREAT GRANDPARENTS TOM KENNEY MARRIED MARY PRUNTY IN 1849 IN GRADOGUE, WHEN I WAS LAST IN IRELAND I WAS NOT AWARE OF THIS , HOPING FOR ANY INFO AT ALL THAT MIGHT HELP ME, I'M HOPING TO GO BACK THIS FALL AND SEE THIS TOWN AND AREA THAT MY PEOPLE CAME FROM,ANY KENNEYS LEFT OUT THERE AT ALL? TALK TO ME.

I am searching for a Michael Kenney around Elphin who had a daughter Bridget in the 1820s. The family story goes that Michael was arranging a marriage for Bridget that she did not want, so she left for America with John Burns (Beirne, etc) in 1846. He was the son of Martin and Rose Burns from around Elphin. They traveled on the Stephen L. Whitney and arrived in New York City. They quickly went to eastern Connecticut. They had three sons: Martin, Michael, and John. I am seeking their townlands in Ireland, siblings, etc. Where is Gradogue? Is there a Michael in your family?

MaryLDunn@aol.com

Joe Hanlon

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 1998 5:38 pm    Post subject: Re: GRADOGUE ROOTS Reply with quote

(User Above) wrote:

: GREAT GRANDPARENTS TOM KENNEY MARRIED MARY PRUNTY IN 1849 IN GRADOGUE, WHEN I WAS LAST IN IRELAND I WAS NOT AWARE OF THIS , HOPING FOR ANY INFO AT ALL THAT MIGHT HELP ME, I'M HOPING TO GO BACK THIS FALL AND SEE THIS TOWN AND AREA THAT MY PEOPLE CAME FROM,ANY KENNEYS LEFT OUT THERE AT ALL? TALK TO ME.

Hello second cousin! (Or is it first cousin once
removed? We share Thomas Kenney and Rose Prunty
as greatgrandparents. They were married on
October 23, 1849 and lived in Gradogue Aughavas in
Aughavas Parish, County Leitrim. They had a total
of 9 children: Catherine(Baptised Dec 25, 1850),
Martha-possibly Mary(Bapt. May 5, 1852), Bridget
(Bapt. July 5, 1854), Anne(Bapt. Dec 31, 1856),
Patrick(Bapt. Feb 24, 1859), Rose(Bapt. June 30,
1861), Michael(Bapt. Jan 21, 1865), Margaret(Bapt.
Aug 15, 1867), and John(Bapt. June 25, 1870). We
(My wife, who is actually writing this), are also
planning to go to Ireland in the fall. We should
meet in Gradogue !!!) Also will be meeting in
Dublin another cousin born in Ireland now living
in England. We'll be in Ireland Oct 3, till around
the 13th. I am your cousin Joe Hanlon, son of
Helen Martin, daughter of Catherine White,
daughter of Rose Kenney. I grew up in Lowell,Ma
and my parents still live there. Thanks to my
mother, I have quite a bit of geneological info
on the family in general. Would love to hear whatever
you might have! Would you possibly know anything
about the Pruntys or Whites?
Look forward to hearing from you. Hope you
had a happy St. Patrick's day!

Joe and Linda Hanlon

brtsword@twp.net

C.R. KENNEY NIE

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 1998 11:29 am    Post subject: Re: GRADOGUE ROOTS Reply with quote

: : GREAT GRANDPARENTS TOM KENNEY MARRIED MARY PRUNTY IN 1849 IN GRADOGUE, WHEN I WAS LAST IN IRELAND I WAS NOT AWARE OF THIS , HOPING FOR ANY INFO AT ALL THAT MIGHT HELP ME, I'M HOPING TO GO BACK THIS FALL AND SEE THIS TOWN AND AREA THAT MY PEOPLE CAME FROM,ANY KENNEYS LEFT OUT THERE AT ALL? TALK TO ME.

: I am searching for a Michael Kenney around Elphin who had a daughter Bridget in the 1820s. The family story goes that Michael was arranging a marriage for Bridget that she did not want, so she left for America with John Burns (Beirne, etc) in 1846. He was the son of Martin and Rose Burns from around Elphin. They traveled on the Stephen L. Whitney and arrived in New York City. They quickly went to eastern Connecticut. They had three sons: Martin, Michael, and John. I am seeking their townlands in Ireland, siblings, etc. Where is Gradogue? Is there a Michael in your family?

J. Dominic Monahan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 1998 10:28 pm    Post subject: Re: GRADOGUE ROOTS Reply with quote

(User Above) wrote:

: : GREAT GRANDPARENTS TOM KENNEY MARRIED MARY PRUNTY IN 1849 IN GRADOGUE, WHEN I WAS LAST IN IRELAND I WAS NOT AWARE OF THIS , HOPING FOR ANY INFO AT ALL THAT MIGHT HELP ME, I'M HOPING TO GO BACK THIS FALL AND SEE THIS TOWN AND AREA THAT MY PEOPLE CAME FROM,ANY KENNEYS LEFT OUT THERE AT ALL? TALK TO ME.

: Hello second cousin! (Or is it first cousin once
: removed? We share Thomas Kenney and Rose Prunty
: as greatgrandparents. They were married on
: October 23, 1849 and lived in Gradogue Aughavas in
: Aughavas Parish, County Leitrim. They had a total
: of 9 children: Catherine(Baptised Dec 25, 1850),
: Martha-possibly Mary(Bapt. May 5, 1852), Bridget
: (Bapt. July 5, 1854), Anne(Bapt. Dec 31, 1856),
: Patrick(Bapt. Feb 24, 1859), Rose(Bapt. June 30,
: 1861), Michael(Bapt. Jan 21, 1865), Margaret(Bapt.
: Aug 15, 1867), and John(Bapt. June 25, 1870). We
: (My wife, who is actually writing this), are also
: planning to go to Ireland in the fall. We should
: meet in Gradogue !!!) Also will be meeting in
: Dublin another cousin born in Ireland now living
: in England. We'll be in Ireland Oct 3, till around
: the 13th. I am your cousin Joe Hanlon, son of
: Helen Martin, daughter of Catherine White,
: daughter of Rose Kenney. I grew up in Lowell,Ma
: and my parents still live there. Thanks to my
: mother, I have quite a bit of geneological info
: on the family in general. Would love to hear whatever
: you might have! Would you possibly know anything
: about the Pruntys or Whites?
: Look forward to hearing from you. Hope you
: had a happy St. Patrick's day!
:
: Joe and Linda Hanlon
:
Dear Hanlons:

A Michael and Tom Kenny (sp??) from Leitrim immigrated to Eastern Oregon in the 1880-90's, settling in Morrow County. They traced their roots to Leitrim. My grandfather, Francis "Frank" Monahan was also from the townland of Gradogue and knew the Kenny's quite well. Since so many of the Irish who settled in Eastern Oregon came from Counties Leitrim and Longford, I thought there might be a connection. Any thoughts? Dominic Monahan

dmonahan@luvaascobb.com

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon Old Archive All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: