Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index Leitrim-Roscommon
Leitrim-Roscommon Genealogy Bulletin Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Surname Search
Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index

Abraham, Habron, Abram, Hebron, from Kiltullagh

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon BB
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Habron

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:35 am    Post subject: Abraham, Habron, Abram, Hebron, from Kiltullagh Reply with quote

I am researching the Abraham family, the name has undergone several versions Habron, Abrams and Hebron that we know of.
Thomas Abraham b.1818 in Kiltullagh married Nora Sheridan.
Children
George
Robert
Thomas
John
Patrick
Elizabeth
Joseph
Some stayed in Ireland, some emigrated to England or the US.
I would be grateful for any help.

Howard Habron
Beth

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Howard----I found another sibling listed on the 1901 census: Michael Abraham was born 1868....

Hope all is well with you & yours.

Beth Burns
Habron

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Beth
Thanks for the info, who knows just how many we number.?
Howard
Loubie

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am researching the Abraham family also. I have managed to get back to James Abraham b abt 1846 (could be 1848) in Co Lietrim, Ireland, I'm afraid I'm stuck on this one. The only thing I know is that he married Cathrean ? maiden name unknown. I'm also not sure if they married in Ireland or England. They had 6 children, Thomas, Mary, Anne, Margaret, Elizabeth and James. I am a direct decsendant of James b abt 1880 in Huddersfield.

I'm not sure whether your Abraham family are related to mine but maybe some of the details could mean something to you.

I would be grateful if you would forward any links where I could find 1.) Record of the marriage
2.) Information on James's mother and father.
Habron

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 2:58 pm    Post subject: Loubie Reply with quote

I know that there was a family called Abraham in Huddersfield and that we were related to them, some of my relatives were in the same classes at school and they used to argue about the spelling of the name, we were then using HABRON although my Gfather was baptised Abraham in Quinultagh near Dunmore.
I do not have any detail of the Abrahams in Huddersfield but will keep my eyes open.
Nuala

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't find any townland in the IreAtlas named "Quinultagh". Is there another spelling? My mother's side are from the townlands Ballinross & Benmore, Kiltullagh Parish, Roscommon County. Dunmore is in Galway county. I have "Parochial registers of Kiltullagh (Roscommon), 1839-1880" FHL British Film #926226 on loan and can do a search if useful. Neither do I find the name "Abraham" listed in the 1901 Census.

Regards
Nuala
Habron

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My GGG Father Thomas Abraham was born in Kiltulagh and married Norah Sheridan, who was living in Quinultagh where they settled.
Quinultagh is a very small village outside Dunmore and is not shown on many maps. There is still family in Ireland though its many years since I was in contact with any of them.
The family also has links with Cloonfad and Tuam.
My G Grandfather Thomas Abraham married Bridget Glynn who eventually followed him to Huddersfield. My Grand father Thomas was born in Quinultagh but came to Huddersfield with his mother as a child this is when they adopted a different spelling although I do not think they were the first to use Habron as a surname.
Nuala

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found it! It's the Townland of QuinAltagh County Galway, Barony Dunmore, Civil Parish Addergoole, Poor Law Union Tuam. It's on a back road slightly North West of Dunmore, Galway County. Ordnance Survey Map #39 Discovery Series 1:50 000. I am sending you a copy of the 1842 OS Map to your email address. These are available online from Galway County Council.
You might try "Parochial registers of Dunmore (Galway), 1833-1910" FHL BRITISH Film 1279206 Items 6 - 9,Baptisms, 1833-1860, 1877-1910; marriages, 1833-1860 for more info. and also "Parochial marriage registers in the Diocese of Tuam, 1820-1829" FHL BRITISH Film 979699 Item 5.
Good luck, Nuala
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon BB All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: