Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index Leitrim-Roscommon
Leitrim-Roscommon Genealogy Bulletin Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Surname Search
Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index

Shannon's

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon BB
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kathleen whitehouse

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:49 am    Post subject: Shannon's Reply with quote

Hi,my names Katie and i'm new to this so i hope you will bare with me.I'm looking for any info on my Shannon ancestors.They go like this,
John Shannon b abt 1821 Ireland.Father James mother unknown.He married Catherine Donlon b abt 1833 Roscommon ,father Patrick Donlon mother unknown in Lichfield Staffordshire England in 1853.At Holy Cross RC Chapel.Witnesses to marriage were Patrick Lafferty and Anthony Diamond.Both fathers were deceased by the time John and Catherine married.I'm trying to find out if any of them had any siblings and how and when they came to England.I did find Thomas Shannon b Roscommon 1835 and died Lichfield in 1901.
He lodged with Patrick Lafferty and family in Sandford St,Lichfield Staffs.There were a large amount of Irish families in and around Sandford St,who all stuck together.Freemans,Lafferty's,Donlon's,Carney's,Molloy's,Kilgallons all who must have come aover together and have a connection with my family one way or another.
I would like to find out if James died in Ireland as i can't find anything on him.
If anyone can help me with anything at all,i would really appreciate it as i've hit a brick wall here.
Many thanks in advance
Katie (nee Shannon).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon BB All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: