Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index Leitrim-Roscommon
Leitrim-Roscommon Genealogy Bulletin Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Surname Search
Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index

BRADY family

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon BB
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yorksburnett

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:46 pm    Post subject: BRADY family Reply with quote

Hello

I've just joined this bulletin board in the hope that I might flush out a fellow 'sufferer' who is researching the name BRADY in Co. Leitrim. My great-grandfather Patrick BRADY was born at Townaleck townland in Rossinver in 1858. Patrick had a brother named John and I know that their father was Edward BRADY. I have found the following reference to him in "Griffith's Valuation" for the parish of Rossinver, Co. Leitrim, Ireland, published 11 Dec 1861: Tawnaleck Townland Occupier - Edward BRADY, Lessor - William JOHNSTON, Land - 1a.2r.13p, Valuation £1.5.0 Occupier - Edward BRADY, Lessor - William JOHNSTON, House, office and Land - 11a.1r.36p, Valuation £6.10.0

There were three other BRADY entries in the above Valuation for Rossinver - all at Drungan Townland and leasing land and property from the same William JOHNSTON: Bryan son of Bryan BRADY, Bryan son of Patrick BRADY and Hugh BRADY.

I'm sure that the Drungan BRADYs must have been close relatives of my Edward - but can't find the link. Neither have I been able to find any marriages or baptisms [the family were Roman Catholic]. Is there anyone out there researching BRADY who might be able to help?

Bill Burnett Penzance, Cornwall, UK
yorksburnett

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ed

Many thanks for your response to my posting on the BRADY family. Yes - I do have the 1901 census info., indeed it is the occurence of the name Edward BRADY at Drungan which makes me think that this family were closely related to my ancestor Patrick [whose father was named Edward]. The Anne BRADY listed at Tawnaleck in 1901 was the widow of John BRADY, my Patrick's brother. However, I did not know that Hugh BRADY married Giles McSHARRY and did not have the birth info. for their son Patrick and daughter Anne. Thank you so much for this Very Happy

Can you tell me if the records for the Roman Catholic parish of Kinlough are available and where they are held?

Thanks again

Bill Burnett
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon BB All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: