Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index Leitrim-Roscommon
Leitrim-Roscommon Genealogy Bulletin Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Surname Search
Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index

FEENEY

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon BB
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dot Hicks

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:23 am    Post subject: FEENEY Reply with quote

PATRICK FEENEYson of Thomas Feeney and Bridget Callery married BRIDGET LANNON daughter of Peter Lannon and Mary Kelly.

Patrick and Bridget Feeney left Roosky around 1866. They were in Edinburgh in 1868 when Patrick died.

The children of Patrick and Bridget were, Peter, Bridget, Bernard, Thomas, Patrick, Ann, Daniel. There is thought to have been another daughter Mary who went to America.

Eldest son Peter married Ann Susan McGuire in 1879 in Dunbar, Scotland. This couple went to America between 1881 and 1891. There was some sort of accident and they were never heard from again.

Bernard married Jane Richardson in Newcastle upon Tyne in 1891.

The rest of the family lived, married and had families in the Berwickshire area of Scotland

If anyone has any connection with this family I would love to hear from you.

Dot Hicks
katemce

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My grandmother was Katherine Dooner born in 1861 in Roosky Roscommon. Her mother was Mary Feeney married to John Dooner. Mary Feeney and John Dooner's children that I know of were: Katherine, Margaret, Anna, Marcella, Ellen, Patrick and James. I believe there were more. John and Mary came to Chicago as well as all of the above. Mary Feeney Dooner died in Chicago in 1915. I have a copy of a photo of my grandmother and her sisters taken 1910-1920? In the photo there are 7 of them.

Kate
Dot Hicks

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mary Feeney has always been a bit of an enigma, I have not been able to find her anywhere although she is supposed to have gone to America.

I dont think she can have been the daughter of Patrick and Bridget. Born in 1861 if she was their daughter you would think she would have stayed with the rest of the family and moved to Scotland. However she could have been a relative, possibly a neice.

I would be interested in seeing the photograph you have , to compare it with photographs I have to see if there is any likeness

Dot
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon BB All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: