Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index Leitrim-Roscommon
Leitrim-Roscommon Genealogy Bulletin Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Surname Search
Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index

Peter Farrell and Anna Cuff

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon BB
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matulich

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:46 pm    Post subject: Peter Farrell and Anna Cuff Reply with quote

Looking for help finding my Husband's family from Ireland

Farrell: Peter Farrell married Anna Cuff.
Peter's father may have been John Farrell married to Margaret
Anna's father may have been Thomas Cuff married to Bridgit

Peter Farrell and Anna Cuff Farrell had a Daughter Elizabeth A. Farrell 1870-1970 who married Michael Andrew Rush.

Both families are said to have come from County Roscommon Ireland. They settled in Orland West Virginia. Both were Catholic.

Please help, I am stuck!
Murph

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:59 pm    Post subject: Cuff/Cuffe - Corrected Reply with quote

My Roscommon grandfather's sister-in-law was Anne Cuff O'Hara, but I don't know the townland for her family of origin. My cousin found the following information. If you wish for more details, just ask and I'll see what he has. Kilcorkey Civil Parish in Roscommon was "home" to our family.

Looking in the CD of Griffiths Valuation, which was done in
Roscommon in 1857 - 58, there are no Cuff, Cuffe, families listed in
Kilcorkey parish. There was 1 in Elphin civil parish, and a few in
Tibohine civil parish which is just west of Kilcorkey.

Murph

Last edited by Murph on Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Fiona

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matulich, have you looked up the website http://roscommon.brsgenealogy.com? It might help you locate certain areas where your families might have been from. I had a quick look for Elizabeth and see there are a few baptism and birth records for the name in 1870 and 1871 in parishes such as Ardcarne/Cootehall, Athleague, Ballinlough and Keadue for example. Haven't really got into my Farrell connection but they were from the Athleague area. I did put in a search for an Andrew Rush and see there is only one record and that is a birth for 1830 but I didn't click on all the parishes to find which one.
Murph, Researching O'Haras and wondered if your Anne Cuffe married a Henry O'Hara? I have collected alot on the surname and see I might have two births of children here for Anne and Henry if they are any use to you. Henry is a name found in my O'Hara who were from the Athleague area.
Regards to you both and good luck in your searches. Fiona
Murph

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:48 pm    Post subject: O'HARA; CUFF - Corrected! Reply with quote

Hello Fiona!

My grandfather's sister-in-law, Anne Cuff O'Hara, married his brother, Henry O'Hara. They raised their family in the townland of Tully. Their children were:
Anna O'H. Connolly born 28 October 1982
James O'H., presumed to be born about 1884
Frances T. O'H. Kearney born 3 January 1885
Bridget O'H. Higgins born about 1886
Winifred O'H. Campion born 17 March 1888
Henry John O'H. born 24 January 1890
There may have been two other children whose names I don't know.

We believe that our grandfather, James O'Hara, was born in June 1856. We think that his brother, Henry, was born about 1846. We think that their father was named James and that their mother's surname was Kelly.

My cousin has helped me to sort things out. He spotted inaccuracies in my first post, and I'll ask him to look over this post to see if he spots any more inaccuracies.

Can you contact me directly at murphnpop@comcast.net? My cousins and I will be very interested! You seem to have connections to our family.

Murph
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon BB All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: