Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index Leitrim-Roscommon
Leitrim-Roscommon Genealogy Bulletin Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Surname Search
Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index

Hello all I

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon BB
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Codymae

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:17 pm    Post subject: Hello all I Reply with quote

Hi to all on the board. I am new to this community, and am trying to research some ancestors. I have been reading some posts, and have found that, like others here, I have been disappointed with some of the search sites on the web. I kind of stumbled upon this page by mistake. Hope I can make use and be of use at the same time.

It seems like I keep coming up empty handed no matter where I search. I can get just so far, and then the leads dry up. Granted, I have not been doing this long or extremely intensely, but it gets frustrating so I give up for a week or so, then I get the bug again and try some more.

The facts that we think we know are these:

Luke Ratigan/Rattagan/Radigan - born approx 1817 in Co. Roscommon. Emigrated to USA, but I cannot find when or from where. He died approximately 1850/51 in the Town of Riga, County of Monroe, NY. His wife was one Mary Garraghan also of Ireland.

If anyone has suggestions of where to look, or has actual info., I would love to hear from you.

Thanks,

Codymae
pflanagan132

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:10 am    Post subject: Rattigan Reply with quote

You are most likely looking at the townland of Rathmore, Kilbride Parish, Co. Roscommon. There have been Rattigans there for generations, and there are still some members of the family in Rathmore. There were also some Garrahan families in the immediate area. In Ballinderry Old Cemetary in Kilbride Parish the following gravestone exists, Ratigan, Have mercy on the soul of Bridget Ratigan alias Garahan died on the 10th April 1868 aged 66 years. This monument was erected by her beloved husband Michael Ratigan, Rathmore and sorrowing children
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon BB All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: