Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index Leitrim-Roscommon
Leitrim-Roscommon Genealogy Bulletin Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Surname Search
Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index

Battery Park, NY

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon BB
View previous topic :: View next topic  
johntcoll

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:07 pm    Post subject: Battery Park, NY Reply with quote

Has anyone any information regarding Martin McGarry and Mary Elizabeth Coll they entered into Battery Park, NY, around 1890 they did not go through Ellis Island, I have searched the Castle Garden online database of information that has immigrants records from 1830 through 1892 but I found no record of Martin McGarry and Mary Elizabeth Coll, and also Michael Noonan, a cousin was with them. has anyone any information regarding them.
Thank you
Jim Bohan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just for information The Fort at Battery Park which is the demarkation point to visit the statue of Liberty today was Castle Garden. Are you sure they came into New York.
Nuala

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi John,
You may also want to check www.findmypast.com which is a database of all outgoing passengers from the UK. I only did a very quick search, and the first instance there is of all three names together is in 1900 travelling from Queenstown to New York. No age given for Martin, but Michael born 1877, Mary Coll born 1876. The date range of this particular database is 1890-1960 which may be too late.
Do you have these people in the 1900 Census in the United States? That Census asks the year of immigration.
Regards
Nuala
johntcoll

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you both for your help,

I have been told via e-mal that it is possible that Mary Eliz Coll and Michael Noonan did not travel together, and that Martin McGarry may have arrived May 6, 1890 on the Arizona, and that Michael Noonan and Mary Eliz Coll were not on that ship. and According to the 1900 census, Michael Noonan arrived 1889 and his wife Margaret McGarry arrived 1890, Margaret was not on the Arizona, but a Margaret McGarry arrived June 23, 1890 aged 16 years, the age is a little out as I think she was born 1871 so 19 years old, also that a Michael Noonan aged 17 landed in Nova Scotia in 1887 this age would be spot on for him.

so it seems that the information I was give that they all went together may well have been incorrect.

Very best regards JOHN
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon BB All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: