Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index Leitrim-Roscommon
Leitrim-Roscommon Genealogy Bulletin Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Surname Search
Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index

SIGN THE PETITION TO OPEN THE 1926 CENSUS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon BB
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mickjoe

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:14 am    Post subject: SIGN THE PETITION TO OPEN THE 1926 CENSUS Reply with quote

SIGN THE PETITION TO OPEN THE 1926 CENSUS

The "Council of Irish Genealogical Organisations" CIGO is asking people to sign a petition to get the 1926 census released early. If you look at their web site, which can be found at this web address http://www.cigo.ie/campaigns_1926.html you can read more about the petition.
MarkCT

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Done - Thanks for bringing this to our attention.
pflanagan132

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:30 pm    Post subject: Sign the Petition to open the 1926 Census Reply with quote

I think every household should write in the margin at the top of the current Census form "Please release the 1926 Census". Can anybody see any legal issues in doing this?

The problem with the Petition is that it is confined to Facebook members. I think if my suggestion got enough publicity it could be very effective. Patrick Flanagan
peter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have tried on several occasions to sign the petition but failed because of the zip code. Most of us in Ireland have not got a zip code in our address. How do I overcome this ?
Peter
peter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have tried on several occasions to sign the petition but failed because of the zip code. Most of us in Ireland have not got a zip code in our address. How do I overcome this ?
Peter
pflanagan132

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jimmy Deenihan, Minister for Arts, Heritage and Gaeltacht, has said that he is very keen to pursue publication of the 1926 census, and has sought clarification on the legal and statutory issues involved..
In terms of genealogical tourism there is much to be gained.
mickjoe

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:16 pm    Post subject: Zip Codes Reply with quote

Zip Codes are another name for the Post Code..

EG:- Dublin 24 or Dublin 6w

I have just had another look at their petition.... I tried to sign the petition and It came back as Invalid owing to an Invalid Zip code.
I would suggest you use one of the post codes for Dublin, if you are in Ireland. Or one from Cork or Limerick, if they have post codes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon BB All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: