Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index Leitrim-Roscommon
Leitrim-Roscommon Genealogy Bulletin Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Surname Search
Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index

Question on Cattan Leitrim RC Grave yard contact

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon BB
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael Faughnan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:34 pm    Post subject: Question on Cattan Leitrim RC Grave yard contact Reply with quote

Hi,

Wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction. Tripped across a picture of a head stone taken in a Cattan Grave yard. It was for a John Faughnan, Cattan who died April 7th, 1947 at 77yrs of age. His wife Mary Ellen Keegan died 9th Feb 1984 at 86 yrs of age. The headstone also referenced her brothers Michael Joe Keegan died 8th of Feb 1977 at 77 yrs and John Charles Keegan died 26th of May 1977 at 77 yrs of age.

After a little work I found in Civil Marriage Records that John Faughnan married Mary Ellen Keegan, in Cloone parish, on 25th August 1934. This marriage was registered in Mohill District and John Faughnans father was recorded as Patrick Faughnan (who was deceased at the time of the marriage), from Cattan townland, a farmer. I am pretty sure that Patrick was the eldest brother of my Grandfather Charles "the Tailor" Faughnan.

Does anyone know whom I would touch base with at the church/cemetery to find out about the current family involved with the headstone or even better know any thing about this family?
Thanks in Advance
Michael Faughnan.

Regards,

Michael

[/img]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon BB All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: