Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index Leitrim-Roscommon
Leitrim-Roscommon Genealogy Bulletin Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Surname Search
Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index

CARROLL

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon Old Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Christine Aller

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 1998 1:12 am    Post subject: CARROLL Reply with quote

I am looking for information about Pat CARROLL and
Bridget CARROLL who served as baptismal sponsors
for Ellen CARROLL in 1886. Ellen (Nellie) was the
daughter of Michael CARROLL and Mary CORRIGAN.
The parish was listed as Carracastle? in the diocese
of Achonry. I can't find a Carracastle listed in
this diocese. Any suggestions?
Any and all help greatly appreciated!

c_aller@geocities.com

Michael Murphy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 1998 11:18 am    Post subject: Re: CARROLL Reply with quote

The Diocese of Achrony only covers a small section of Co. Roscommon. Most of it's parishes are in Counties Sligo and Mayo. Are you sure of the parish belonging to Roscommon? Also, check for phonetic variations on the spelling.

Try writing to:

Roscommon County Library
Abbey Street
Roscommon
Ireland

phone: (0903) 6203

and

Sligo County Library
The Courthouse
Sligo
Ireland

phone (071) 2212

The libraries are excellent sources for local history. The maintain extensive collections of records and other items of local historical interest.

irish.genealogy@usa.net

Michael Murphy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 1998 3:49 pm    Post subject: Re: CARROLL Reply with quote

Carracastle is situated on the N5 primary route between Ballaghaderreen and Charlestown in Co. Mayo. It is in the Achrony Diocese. It is in the "Michelin Motoring Atlas of Great Britain and Ireland" on page 95 between F5 and F6.

irish.genealogy@usa.net

Christine Aller

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 1998 8:50 pm    Post subject: Re: CARROLL Reply with quote

(User Above) wrote:

: Carracastle is situated on the N5 primary route between Ballaghaderreen and Charlestown in Co. Mayo. It is in the Achrony Diocese. It is in the "Michelin Motoring Atlas of Great Britain and Ireland" on page 95 between F5 and F6.
Thank you! After speaking with my father, I think
I now have the story straight. Ellen Carroll
was born June 24, 1886 on the Bullockfield Farm
in Ballaghaderreen in Co. Mayo, was baptized
in Carracastle, and her birth was registered
in Co. Roscommon. I'm hoping that is right.
What Catholic churches are there and where
would I get records? I couldn't find any
addresses or names of any (in Carracastle)
at my library.

Many thanks!

Christine

c_aller@geocities.com

Michael Murphy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 1998 9:53 am    Post subject: Catholic Parish Reply with quote

Christine,

Carracastle is in the Kilbeagh Parish (PP, Charlestown, Co. Mayo, Ireland).

Good News!!!
The Parochial Registers for this parish are available from 1845-1950 on microfilm at your local Family History Center. Give me your fax number and I'll send you a copy of the index listing for those microfilms (I happen to be researching a family from Charlestown for a client and already have this information in my files).

Send your fax number via e-mail to:
irish.genealogy@usa.net

Michael

irish.genealogy@usa.net

John Carroll

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 1998 8:04 am    Post subject: Re: CARROLL Reply with quote

between Ballaghaderreen and Charlestown in Co. Mayo. It is in the Achrony Diocese. It is in the "Michelin Motoring Atlas of Great Britain and Ireland" on page 95 between F5 and F6.

I am looking for any information on my fathers and mothers names. My father was Edward Carroll, born about 1905, and came from Rosscomon. My mother was a Beatrice Lavelle and was born in 1900, and came from Achill Island, County Mayo. I think my father had several brothers and sisters and my Mother had 13 sisters, most of which settled in the Cleveland, Ohio area. Any help would be appreciated. Thank You

sewbiz@centuryinter.net

Joan E. Ogg

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 1998 1:43 pm    Post subject: Re: CARROLL Reply with quote

: between Ballaghaderreen and Charlestown in Co. Mayo. It is in the Achrony Diocese. It is in the "Michelin Motoring Atlas of Great Britain and Ireland" on page 95 between F5 and F6.

: I am looking for any information on my fathers and mothers names. My father was Edward Carroll, born about 1905, and came from Rosscomon. My mother was a Beatrice Lavelle and was born in 1900, and came from Achill Island, County Mayo. I think my father had several brothers and sisters and my Mother had 13 sisters, most of which settled in the Cleveland, Ohio area. Any help would be appreciated. Thank You

J_JOgg@compuserve.com

Joan E. Ogg

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 1998 1:49 pm    Post subject: Re: CARROLL Reply with quote

: My paternal great grandmother, Jane (Jennie) Carroll, daughter of Cormack and Brigid (Cryan) Carroll, was baptized on October 21, 1855 at Boyle Parish (RC), Co. Roscommon. Cormack and Brigid were married on February 17, 1848 (Boyle Parish). They had six other children: Brigid, 1849; James, 1850: James, 1851; Margaret, 1853; Brigid, 1857; Winifred, 1862.

Have not been able to locate births/baptisms for Cormack Carroll and/or Brigid Cryan.

J_JOgg@compuserve.com

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon Old Archive All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: